Digital TV News: CJ Hello
Alticast to provide security for CJ Hellovision Ultra HD service
Mar 27, 2015 – Alticast has announced that it has been selected to provide the security for the rollout of Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) video services by CJ Hellovision, South Korea's largest cable television operator.
News categories: Alticast, CJ Hellovision, Mansoo Han, Hong-Ik Kim, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Korea, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ATEME encodes industry's first 4K cable channel
Apr 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Home Choice, a South Korean content aggregator, has selected its TITAN to encode Ultra High Definition (UHD) content in HEVC for the launch of UMAX, the worlds first dedicated 4K channel.
News categories: ATEME, Home Choice, UMAX, Eunsook Wi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Korea
Humax Enters Residential Gateway Market
Jul 9, 2012 – Humax (115160.KQ) has announced that the company has become the largest shareholder of MMC Technology, a residential gateway provider. Humax hopes to use MMC Technology expertise to expand its presence in the U.S. residential gateway market.
News categories: Humax, MMC Technology, Gateway, IPTV, Korea, MnA, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
CJ HelloVision Delivers 'Content Everywhere' with Samsung Smart TV
Jul 25, 2011 – CJ HelloVision, Korea's largest cable provider, has announced that it will provide its 'tving' application for Samsung (KRX: 005930, 005935; LSE: SMSN, SMSD) Smart TVs. The 'tving' smart TV service will start at the end of August.
News categories: CJ HelloVision, Samsung, Korea, OTT, Smart TV
CJ HelloVision and HCN plan 3D TV in Korea
Jan 13, 2010 – Following on from the announcement from SkyLife that it will be launching 3D TV in Korea, cable TV companies CJ HelloVision and HCN have said that they will start trial 3D broadcasts sometime during the latter half of this year.
News categories: CJ HelloVision, HCN, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, VR
CJ Hellovision to Launch Alticast-enabled HD-PVR Service First in Korea
Nov 19, 2008 – CJ Hellovision, one of the largest cable operators in Korea, has announced that it has successfully launched its Alticast-based OCAP HD-PVR service in Korea.
News categories: Alticast, CJ Hellovision, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Korea, Middleware, Semiconductor
Over Two Million SmarDTV CableCARDs Deployed Worldwide
Sep 30, 2008 – SmarDTV (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced that more than 2 million of its CableCARDs have been deployed worldwide. SmarDTV also announced the opening of a new regional office located in Seoul.
News categories: SmarDTV, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, Korea, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, Smart TV, USA
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video