Digital TV News: CNT
Colombia launches DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
May 31, 2012 – Colombia will be the first country in Latin America to go on the air with a DVB-T2 TV network. The network will use transmitters from Rohde & Schwarz. The CNTV regulatory authority decided at the end of last year to switch to the new standard.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Colombia, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Kudelski reports 2011 annual results
Feb 23, 2012 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 annual results. Total annual revenues and other operating income declined from CHF 1,069.3 million in 2010 to CHF 896.6 million in 2011, with the Digital TV segment driving most of the decline.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
3.7 million pay TV subscribers for Colombia
Nov 2, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country up to September 2011. The total number of subscribers grew from 3.4 million at the end of Q3 2010, to over 3.7 million at the end of September 2011.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Satellite, Subscribers
Kudelski reports 2011 half year results
Aug 23, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 half year results. Group total revenues in constant currency declined by 8.5%, while reported total revenues dropped by 21.9% compared to the first half of last year, reaching CHF 392.2 million.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Terrestrial
Colombia ends 2010 with 3.5 million pay TV subscribers
Feb 3, 2011 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2010. The total number of subscriptions grew from 3.2 million at the end of 2009 to 3.5 million at the end of 2010.
News categories: Comisión Nacional de Televisión, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Espial TV Browser Powers the Smart TV Experience
Nov 3, 2010 – Espial® has announced the availability of Espial TV Browser powered by Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) set-top box reference platforms based on the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 and the recently announced Intel® Atom™ processor CE4200.
News categories: Espial, Intel Corp, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Online video users in China reach 240 million at end-2009
Apr 7, 2010 – The China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) has published its 25th Survey Report on Internet Development in China. By the end of 2009, the number of online video users reached 240 million, an increase of 38.44 million compared to the end of 2008.
News categories: CNNIC, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
CNTV obtains China's first Internet TV operating licence
Mar 25, 2010 – China Network Television (CNTV), a service of China Central Television (CCTV), has obtained from China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) the country's first internet TV operating licence.
News categories: SARFT, China Network Television, China, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation
Colombia ends 2009 with 3.2 million pay TV subscribers
Jan 29, 2010 – Colombia's Comisión Nacional de Televisión (CNTV) has published pay TV subscriber figures for the country for 2009. In the fourth quarter both UNE-EPM Telecomunicaciones and DIRECTV Colombia increased their market share.
News categories: CNTV, Cable TV, Colombia, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats