Digital TV News: COSMOTE
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, OTT
COSMOTE TV launches OTT service in Greece
Dec 11, 2019 – COSMOTE TV’s OTT service is now commercially available in Greece. With the new service, subscribers have access to COSMOTE TV's premium content with personalized recommendations based on their preferences and habits.
News categories: COSMOTE, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, OTT, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2020, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV launches multiroom in Greece
Nov 2, 2017 – COSMOTE TV has announced that its subscribers are now able to watch simultaneously different channels through different TV sets in the home, as well as enjoy interactive TV services on all screens, via its COSMOTE TV MULTIROOM service.
News categories: COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Zenterio migrates legacy STBs for OTE in Greece
May 2, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has completed the migration to Zenterio OS of the first 85,000 legacy set-top boxes for COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV platform. The upgrade began at the end of 2016 on a customer opt-in basis.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV reaches 500,000 subscribers
Jan 30, 2017 – OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market, has announced that COSMOTE TV has continued to grow, reaching 500 thousand subscribers, with more than 250 thousand migrating to hybrid services.
News categories: OTE Group, COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE adopts COSMOTE TV brand for communication and entertainment services
Nov 14, 2016 – OTE Group's TV service has been re-named COSMOTE TV. The new world of COSMOTE TV unifies the capabilities of the group's satellite and IPTV platforms. COSMOTE TV offers interactive household and on-the-go TV services for all.
News categories: OTE Group, Dimitris Michalakis, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
OTE TV Via Satellite launches in Greece
Oct 17, 2011 – OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) of Greece has announced its 'OTE TV Via Satellite' service and is integrating all of its pay TV services under one brand name, OTE TV. OTE's IPTV service 'Conn-x TV' has become 'OTE TV via Conn-x'.
News categories: OTE TV, OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020