Digital TV News: CSMBC
CBC Targets 10 Million CMMB Users in 2010
Jan 29, 2010 – China Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) [formerly CSMBC] has announced that its goal is to attract 10 million users in 2010, with a target of 100 million mobile TV subscribers over the next five years.
News categories: China Broadcasting Corp, China, Mobile, Subscribers
CMMB simulcrypt to be completed by year-end
Nov 18, 2009 – The addition of conditional access from China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) to the CMMB mobile TV service from China Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) [formerly CSMBC] is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CSMBC, China, Conditional Access, Mobile
Vimicro Announces Strategic Development Agreement with CSMBC for CMMB Mobile TV
Nov 9, 2009 – Vimicro (Nasdaq: VIMC) has announced a strategic development partnership with China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC) to advance the development of mobile TV under the China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) standard.
News categories: Vimicro, CSMBC, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor
CSMBC developing CMMB mobile TV browser
Sep 25, 2009 – SHANGHAI -- China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corp. (CSMBC), the national operator of China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) mobile TV, is developing a mobile browser specifically designed for CMMB mobile TV.
News categories: Access Co., China, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile
Vimicro Signs Agreement with Leadcore for TD-SCDMA 3G Market
Aug 25, 2009 – Vimicro (Nasdaq: VIMC) and Leadcore (Shanghai: 600198) have agreed to cooperate on developing 3G mobile phone technologies for China Mobile. Vimicro will provide mobile multimedia technologies and solutions, including mobile TV technology.
News categories: Vimicro, Leadcore, China Mobile, 5G, China, Mobile, Semiconductor
SARFT and China Mobile to promote TD-SCDMA handsets with CMMB
May 8, 2009 – China's SARFT, through its China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC), has signed an agreement with China Mobile (NYSE: CHL; Hong Kong:0941) to promote the development of TD-SCDMA handsets with integrated CMMB mobile TV reception.
News categories: SARFT, China Mobile, China, Digital TV, Mobile
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Mexico, Middleware, MnA, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
CMMB mobile TV now in 150 cities in China
Jan 20, 2009 – CMMB mobile TV broadcasting is now available in 150 cities in China according to CMMB mobile TV operator China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corp. (CSMBC).
News categories: China, Digital TV, Mobile
China Hits 1.2M CMMB Users
Oct 29, 2008 – China had 1.2 million CMMB users in October, reports Sina quoting SARFT's China Satellite Mobile Broadcasting Corporation (CSMBC). CMMB users are expected to reach 10 million by the end of 2009 and 50 million in 2010, said CSMBC.
News categories: SARFT, China, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services