Digital TV News: CSR plc
CSR to discontinue investment in digital TV SoCs and silicon tuners
Dec 12, 2011 – CSR (LSE: CSR; NASDAQ: CSRE) has announced that it will be discontinuing investment in the areas of digital television systems-on-a-chip (DTV SoC) and silicon tuners, in order to increase its focus on areas of business where it has leadership positions.
News categories: CSR plc, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CSR (Zoran) Third Quarter 2011 Results
Oct 26, 2011 – CSR (LSE: CSR) has reported third quarter results for the 13 weeks to 30 September 2011. With the completion of the Zoran merger on 31 August, Zoran contributed one month of revenues to CSR's third quarter.
News categories: CSR plc, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Zoran Corporation Reports First Quarter 2011 Results
May 9, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has reported results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2011. Revenues for the first quarter of 2011 were $84.9 million, compared to $74.2 million for the previous quarter and $90.5 million for the first quarter of 2010.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CSR plc announces merger with Zoran Corporation
Feb 19, 2011 – CSR plc (LSE: CSR.L) and Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ: ZRAN) have entered into a merger agreement under which Zoran will merge with CSR for an equity value equivalent to approximately US$679 million.
News categories: Zoran, CSR plc, MnA, Semiconductor
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising