Digital TV News: CSR plc
CSR to discontinue investment in digital TV SoCs and silicon tuners
Dec 12, 2011 – CSR (LSE: CSR; NASDAQ: CSRE) has announced that it will be discontinuing investment in the areas of digital television systems-on-a-chip (DTV SoC) and silicon tuners, in order to increase its focus on areas of business where it has leadership positions.
News categories: CSR plc, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CSR (Zoran) Third Quarter 2011 Results
Oct 26, 2011 – CSR (LSE: CSR) has reported third quarter results for the 13 weeks to 30 September 2011. With the completion of the Zoran merger on 31 August, Zoran contributed one month of revenues to CSR's third quarter.
News categories: CSR plc, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Zoran Corporation Reports First Quarter 2011 Results
May 9, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has reported results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2011. Revenues for the first quarter of 2011 were $84.9 million, compared to $74.2 million for the previous quarter and $90.5 million for the first quarter of 2010.
News categories: Zoran, DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
CSR plc announces merger with Zoran Corporation
Feb 19, 2011 – CSR plc (LSE: CSR.L) and Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ: ZRAN) have entered into a merger agreement under which Zoran will merge with CSR for an equity value equivalent to approximately US$679 million.
News categories: Zoran, CSR plc, MnA, Semiconductor
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019