Digital TV News: CTV Media
Comscore delivers TV audience data to CTV Media
Oct 3, 2019 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with CTV Media to provide audience data for all clients on a regional and national scale. CTV Media provides data-driven media solutions to advertising agencies for linear & connected TV.
News categories: Comscore, CTV Media, Nancy Beall, Kathy Dixon, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Taptica to acquire RhythmOne for $176m
Feb 4, 2019 – Taptica has announced the acquisition of RhythmOne for $176m in an all-stock deal. RhythmOne provides cross-screen solutions focused on connected TV. RhythmOne will be combined with Tremor Video DSP, which Taptica acquired in August 2017.
News categories: Taptica, RhythmOne, Ofer Druker, Eric Singer, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Eutelsat now carrying more than 1000 HD channels
Feb 20, 2017 – High Definition TV continues to gain ground across the broadcast satellites operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) with the 240 HD channels launched in 2016 equalling the total number launched during the previous two years.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
80% of TVs sold in China in 2015 were Smart TVs
Jan 26, 2016 – YuMe (NYSE: YUME) has announced the launch of its 2015 China Connected TV Market Development Blue Book. The Chinese CTV media and advertising industries are seeing rapid growth, with the video audience in China estimated at 439 million people.
News categories: YuMe, Nielsen CCData, UPOTV, Michael Hudes, Octopus Zhang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Hughes Announces Telepresence Application for Android-based TVs and STBs
Feb 14, 2010 – Hughes Systique has announced that it has developed a proof of concept Telepresence application for IDTVs and STBs powered by the Android operating system. Hughes has built the application as a plugin for the HomeJinni ConnecTV media center.
News categories: HUGHES Systique, HomeJinni, Middleware, MWC19, Set Top Box, Smart TV
IPTV Takes Center Stage at NAB Show
Feb 19, 2008 – The NAB Show will expand its IPTV offerings with a new conference series and super session that will provide telecommunications and wireless professionals with insight into converging technologies, state-of-the-art concepts and equipment for IPTV and other next generation video business.
News categories: NAB Show, IPTV, NABShow
- VAUNET forecast for the German media market in 2019
- Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer to merge
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier