Digital TV News: CVIA
DiiVA Consortium Announces Mobile Extensions to the DiiVA Specification
Oct 31, 2011 – The DiiVA™ Consortium has announced the release of the DiiVA 1.1a specification which adds provisions for a standard low pin-count mobile interface targeted at portable devices such as tablets, smartphones, digital cameras and camcorders.
News categories: DiiVA, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20, Portable, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
China Video Industry Association Releases Smart TV Standards
Apr 11, 2011 – The China Video Industry Association (CVIA) has released China's first set of online TV multimedia communications standards. The standards define an 'internet-connected TV' as a TV set that provides users with customized Internet applications and services.
News categories: China Video Industry Association, China, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
China produced 115 million TV sets in 2010
Jan 19, 2011 – According to the China Video Industry Association (CVIA), China produced 114.93 million TV sets in 2010, up 16.1% on the year before.
News categories: China Video Industry Association, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
TCL to Adopt DiiVA Across Smart TV Product Lineup
Dec 1, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that TCL has decided to broadly deploy DiiVA technology across its 2011 smart TV product lineup for the Chinese TV market and beyond.
News categories: DiiVA, TCL Corp, CES2021, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
China Video Industry Association proposes standards for Web-enabled TV sets
Dec 10, 2009 – The China Video Industry Association (CVIA) has filed two applications for industry standards for Web-enabled TV sets. The two standards were drafted by the CVIA, China Digital Home Industry Association (CDHIA), and Chinese TV manufacturers.
News categories: China Video Industry Association, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
DiiVA 1.0 specification now available
Apr 22, 2009 – Aimed squarely at making the TV a simple, interactive hub of the digital home media network, the Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio (DiiVA) consortium has announced the availability of the DiiVA 1.0 specification.
News categories: DiiVA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA Consortium Demonstrates Innovative Interface Technology Designed to Enhance the Digital Home Experience
Jan 8, 2009 – Debuting at CES, the Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio (DiiVA) Consortium has announced that it will be demonstrating its innovative interface technology, which enables home-networking through standard cables such as CAT6.
News categories: CES2021, Smart Home
DIVA Consortium Unveils a New Interface Standard for Next-Generation Interactive Digital TV and CE Networking
May 21, 2008 – At the China Digital Living Forum & Showcase 2008, the China Video Industry Association (CVIA) announced its support of the DIVA Consortium's efforts to create a new interface for next-generation interactive digital TV and CE networking.
News categories: DIVA Consortium, China, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025