Digital TV News: CYTA Hellas
Vodafone Greece acquires Cyta Telecommunications Hellas S.A.
Jul 11, 2018 – Vodafone has announced that Vodafone Greece has completed the acquisition of CYTA Hellas for a total enterprise value of €118 million. CYTA Hellas is a provider of fixed and mobile telecommunication services in Greece.
News categories: Vodafone, CYTA Hellas, Greece, IPTV, MnA
Cyta Hellas goes live with ADB hybrid HD set-top boxes
Jun 10, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Cyta Hellas has gone live with 3play, a triple-play solution relying on ADB technologies. The Cytavision pay-TV service features Alcatel-Lucent’s IPTV platform running on ADB’s hybrid HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyta, Alcatel-Lucent, Christos Kolitsidas, Peter Balchin, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Set Top Box
Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
Dec 9, 2013 – Cyta Hellas, a subsidiary of the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta), has announced the launch of its 3play triple play package in Greece. The service, at €19 per month includes broadband, telephony and IPTV.
News categories: Cyta Hellas, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed