Digital TV News: Cable Europe
Digital cable TV homes in Europe up 13% in 2011
Mar 7, 2012 – According to figures released by Cable Europe, Europe's ongoing switch away from analogue services helped the total number of digital cable TV homes served by cable operators to increase by 13% in 2011.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Defying Cord Cutting Craze, European Union Cable Market Expands in 2010
Sep 7, 2011 – The European cable market continued to expand in 2010, with revenue throughout the EU rising by nearly 8% for the year on the strength of double-digit growth in digital TV, broadband and telephony subscribers, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Subscribers
Strong Cable Digital TV & Broadband Growth In Europe
Feb 15, 2011 – Latest figures released by Cable Europe show that the European cable industry's ongoing investments in next generation internet access and digital television keeps paying off.
News categories: Cable Europe, Broadband, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Latest Figures Show Digital Cable Growth in Europe
Mar 3, 2010 – New industry figures announced at Cable Congress 2010 in Brussels reveal a 21% growth in European digital cable television subscribers to 21.5 million, representing 35% of all cable TV customers.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Manuel Kohnstamm, Caroline Van Weede, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Cable Europe Labs Launches EU-wide Middleware Initiative
Dec 21, 2009 – Cable Europe Labs has announced the launch of its European Middleware Initiative, a project aimed at developing a next generation middleware specification for the European cable market.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, EU, Middleware, OTT
STMicroelectronics Achieves EuroDOCSIS 2.0 Certification for HD Set-Top Box Reference Design
Dec 17, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has achieved EuroDOCSIS 2.0 certification for its production-ready reference design for feature-rich cable set-top boxes (STBs) using the company's STi7141 system-on-chip.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
European cable TV bucks recessionary trends
Jul 27, 2009 – Research from Screen Digest, in collaboration with Cable Europe, reveals that Europe's cable industry showed strong performance in 2008, experiencing an increase in total revenues of 5.4 percent, considering the challenging economic climate.
News categories: Screen Digest, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Europe, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Subscribers, UK
Cable Industry Revenues Reach €18 billion
Mar 18, 2009 – Revenues in the European cable industry jumped more than 7 per cent last year to €18bn amid sharply increased demand for digital television, internet broadband and telephony services according to figures presented at the annual Cable Congress.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Europe - Cable Industry Delivers 18% growth in Digital TV in the first half of 2008
Oct 14, 2008 – Customer subscriptions for digital cable TV jumped 18 per cent to 16.3m across Europe in the first half of this year, as subscribers migrate to enhanced services.
News categories: Cable Europe, Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, UK
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K