Digital TV News: Cable Europe
European cable industry sees rapid growth in digital TV, telephony and broadband internet
Apr 23, 2008 – Details of 2007 industry revenues and customer volumes were announced at the annual Cable Congress. The number of Digital cable TV customers has more than doubled in the past two years to 13.9m (+40% in 2007 compared to 9.9m in 2006).
News categories: Cable Europe, Austria, Belgium, Broadband, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
2,000,000 new digital cable TV customers in Europe in first half of 2007
Oct 11, 2007 – Cable Europe, representing the cable TV industry in Europe, announced that cable TV operators in Europe added more than two million digital TV customers in the first half of 2007.
News categories: Cable Europe, Greenwich Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Private Equity comes to the rescue of Europe's cable industry
Jun 25, 2007 – The latest report from media analysts Screen Digest finds that the European cable industry is in rude health, thanks mainly to a massive injection of private equity investment over the past five years.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable Europe (ECCA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Private Equity
European Cable Industry reports strong 2006 results, Exceptional growth for Digital Cable TV
Feb 6, 2007 – According to Cable Europe, the European Cable Communications Association, 2006 was a landmark year for cable in Europe, with double digit growth across all triple play product lines and exceptional growth for digital cable TV (+53%).
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Subscribers
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024