Digital TV News: Cabot
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Vestel Receives First FreeView HD Certification
Jan 20, 2010 – Vestel Electronics has announced that its T8300 DVB-T2 Freeview HD set top box (STB) has been certified by Freeview for the UK market. Vestel's Freeview HD box is the world's first DVB-T2 STB certified by Freeview.
News categories: Vestel, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
IMPALA welcomes beta release of MHEG Interaction Channel by Freesat
Dec 7, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, today welcomes the news of the beta release of the world"Ÿs first deployment of hybrid broadcast broadband MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) by UK free-to-air satellite platform Freesat.
News categories: IMPALA, Freesat, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Freeview Australia selects MHEG-5 as its middleware
Jul 20, 2009 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview Australia has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive TV middleware for the suite of free-to-air DTT channels that operate under the brand.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cabot Becomes First Middleware Vendor to Complete SmarDTV CI+ Testing
May 19, 2009 – Cabot Communications has announced that it has successfully completed interoperability testing between its CI Plus (CI+) software solution and the SmarDTV (SWX:KUD) CI+ reference module, becoming the first middleware vendor known to do so.
News categories: Cabot, SmarDTV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Cabot middleware to support Freesat
May 13, 2009 – Cabot is extending its middleware suite to support Freesat, the first British free-to-air satellite service which provides around 200 television and radio channels, including High Definition (HD) broadcasts.
News categories: Cabot, Freesat, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
IMPALA welcomes inclusion of MHEG-5 in South Africa DTT trial
Feb 2, 2009 – The International MHEG Promotion Alliance (IMPALA) has confirmed that MHEG-5 is included as part of the recently started DTT trial in South Africa. The DTT trial, which began in November, is designed to test a variety of technical factors.
News categories: IMPALA, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, South Africa, Terrestrial
DivX Inc. and Cabot Communications Announce Technology Agreement
Jan 8, 2009 – DivX (NASDAQ: DIVX) has announced an agreement with Cabot Communications that will enable Cabot technology partners to include DivX® support on a variety of silicon platforms powering home consumer products including HDTVs, DVRs and STBs.
News categories: Cabot Communications, DivX, DVR, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Boxer MHEG Announcement Welcomed by IMPALA
Sep 29, 2008 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the recent announcement by Sweden-based pay-TV group Boxer that it has selected MHEG-5 as the interactive middleware to be included in all products marketed to receive its TV packages.
News categories: Boxer, IMPALA, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K