Digital TV News: Cadence
ARM announces Mali-V76 with 8K decode support
May 31, 2018 – As the world moves towards UHD 8K content, ARM is ensuring that its IP will support encoding and decoding for content on smartphones and other devices. The Mali-V76 supports 8K decode up to 60fps or four 4K streams at 60fps.
News categories: ARM, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Cadence speeds development of new Realtek DTV SoC
May 3, 2018 – Cadence (NASDAQ: CDNS) has announced that Realtek has used the Cadence Innovus Implementation System for its 28nm Digital TV (DTV) System-on-Chip (SoC) production tapeout and achieved an area improvement and reduced power.
News categories: Realtek, Cadence, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
Aug 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that it has signed an agreement with NOS to provide agile and DevOps engineering and delivery services. The engagement allows NOS to take a continuous innovation approach and more effectively monetize their video services.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
IDT Introduces 'Vida' HQV Video Processor
Jul 22, 2009 – IDT (NASDAQ: IDTI) has premiered the latest offering from its Hollywood Quality Video™ (HQV®) video processing line. The new chip, the IDT HQV Vida™ processor, transforms standard-definition sources to HD quality and makes HD look even more detailed.
News categories: IDT, DVD, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
NICTA develops a world first in semiconductor technology for the wireless home and office of the future
Feb 22, 2008 – The world's first transceiver integrated on a CMOS single chip operating at 60GHz was announced by NICTA, Australia's ICT Research Centre of Excellence. The development will enable the truly wireless office and home of the future.
News categories: NICTA, Australia, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home
CES 2008: ARC-Based™ Consumer Devices Fueling the 'YouTube Generation' on Display
Jan 14, 2008 – ARC International (LSE: ARK) has announced that more than fifteen customers and partners participated in last week's 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
News categories: ARC International, CES2020, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more