Digital TV News: Calix
Broadband access market reaches record level in 2015
Mar 2, 2016 – According to Dell’Oro Group, the worldwide Broadband Access market, which includes Cable, DSL, and PON, reached a record level and exceeded $12B in 2015, driven by PON. Looking at 2016, Cable Modem is predicted to make a comeback.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Alam Tamboli, Cable Modem, CPE, Market Research, Worldwide
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 – According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Swedish Cable Operator Leverages Calix for Advanced Broadband Services
Mar 21, 2012 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Swedish service provider Köpings Kabel-TV AB (Köpings Kabel) is leveraging the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver advanced broadband services to its subscribers.
News categories: Calix, Köpings Kabel, Cygate, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Fibre, Sweden
Residential gateway survey shows strong support for IPTV
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has conducted a survey of telcos in N. America, EMEA, and CALA. The resulting report captures the service providers' strategies for residential gateways, and their top picks for vendors, services, technologies, and features.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Smart Home
Calix Selected by Tbaytel for Microsoft Mediaroom Powered IPTV Services Launch
Mar 7, 2011 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Tbaytel has selected the Calix B6 Ethernet Service Access Node (ESAN) for its launch of advanced Microsoft Mediaroom (NASDAQ: MSFT) powered IPTV services in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
News categories: Calix, Tbaytel, Microsoft, John Colvin, Don Campbell, Broadband, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Calix E7 Selected by Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative for Regional GPON Initiative
Dec 6, 2010 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative (PRTC) of Walterboro, SC will use GPON technology to deliver advanced services including IPTV, broadband at speeds up to one gigabit per second (Gbps), and VoIP services.
News categories: Calix, Palmetto Rural Telephone Cooperative, John Colvin, Tony Stout, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
TSTT and Calix Team to Bring Advanced IPTV Services to Trinidad and Tobago
May 25, 2010 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT) is using Calix and partners to deliver Blink Entertainment, the twin island republic's most advanced IPTV service.
News categories: Calix, TSTT, Content Distribution, IPTV, Trinidad and Tobago
South Slope Communications Coop Moves Forward with Calix for Fiber Access Project
Apr 26, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Iowa ILEC South Slope Cooperative Communications has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver IPTV, symmetrical data services, and VoIP to its service area.
News categories: Calix, South Slope Coop, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
Northeast Louisiana Telephone Company moves forward with Calix Active Ethernet solutions
Apr 20, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Northeast Louisiana Telephone Company has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver IPTV services, data up to 1 Gbps, and VoIP services in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana.
News categories: Calix, Northeast Louisiana Telephone, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service