Digital TV News: Canoe Ventures
Beachfront unlocks VOD ad inventory from networks in the Canoe ecosystem
Nov 12, 2020 – Beachfront has announced details of its work with Canoe. Agencies, brands and DSPs who use Beachfront can now access video-on-demand ad inventory from TV networks that play out across Canoe’s 38 million household MVPD footprint.
News categories: Beachfront, Canoe, Chris Maccaro, Ed Knudson, Adam Helfgott, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Canoe enables multi-distributor addressable ad campaign for AMC Networks
Nov 11, 2020 – The On Addressability initiative has launched its first multi-distributor, linear addressable TV campaign. AMC Networks and Canoe Ventures worked to enable addressable campaigns as a single order across the On Addressability footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, On Addressability, Joel Hassell, Kim Kelleher, David Kline, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
Jul 30, 2020 – Discovery has announced that it will join the On Addressability initiative. The initiative enables Discovery to offer advertisers dynamic ad insertion to audiences across the Charter, Comcast and Cox cable TV footprints.
News categories: Discovery, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, Cox Media, Keith Kazerman, David Kline, Gina Mingioni, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
AMC Networks partners with On Addressability distribution partners
Jun 10, 2020 – AMC Networks has announced that it has partnered with Charter's Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media to enable addressable capabilities on its own linear and VOD television advertising.
News categories: AMC Networks, Comcast Advertising, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, Kim Kelleher, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Improvements in Advanced TV to propel U.S. local video advertising
Feb 6, 2018 – Progress in Advanced TV and the U.S. industry’s commitment to new methods that will improve interactivity and the viewer experience will help with the ascent of local video advertising in 2018, according to BIA/Kelsey.
News categories: BIA/Kelsey, Rick Ducey, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Cable Industry Brands Interactivity with ExpandTV
Oct 17, 2011 – Canoe Ventures has announced on behalf of the cable industry the availability of the ExpandTV™ implementation guidelines, a major milestone in the development of the interactive television (ITV) marketplace.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Cable Industry Launches SelecTV™ Brand to Promote Viewer Adoption Of ITV
May 10, 2010 – The U.S. cable industry has announced the launch of 'SelecTV™,' a consumer-facing brand that will appear on-screen to indicate the availability of interactive television content.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, SelecTV, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures Announce Completion of New EBIF IO6 Specification
Feb 8, 2010 – CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures have announced the completion and issuance of the latest EBIF specification. This new version (IO6) features functionality developed to meet competitive interactive television market requirements.
News categories: CableLabs, Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic