Digital TV News: Carlos Blanco
Latin America SVOD OTT subscribers reach 21 million in Q3 2018
Mar 11, 2019 – According to Dataxis, in Q3 2018 Latin America passed 21 million subscribers to a Video on Demand OTT (SVOD) service. During 2018, Netflix consolidated its dominant position in the Latin American SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Carlos Blanco, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
MaxLinear Announces Three Set-Top Box Design Wins for Brazil and Argentina Digital TV Markets
Aug 4, 2010 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that three leading set-top box (STB) manufacturers have started shipping the MxL135RF silicon tuner in STBs targeted at Brazil and Argentina.
News categories: MaxLinear, Skyworth, Argentina, Brazil, Digital TV, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
IPTV to Gain 5.7% of Pay TV Subscribers by 2014 in Latin America
Jul 28, 2009 – Signals Telecom Consulting has confirmed the availability of the Second Edition of its 'IPTV Strategies in Latin America' report. The study reveals the high growth potential for Pay TV in the seven largest markets in Latin America.
News categories: Signals Telecom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela
Latin America's DTH Market to Surpass US$ 4.6 Billion by 2013; Telefonica and Telmex to Represent 27% of Revenues
May 22, 2008 – According to Signals Telecom Consulting, the bundling strategies put in place by telecommunications operators will increase DTH's share of the Latin American Pay TV market from 22% in 2007 to 33% by 2013.
News categories: Signals Telecom Consulting, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Peru, Satellite, Subscribers
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform