Digital TV News: Carlos Espinós
Hispasat 30W-6 satellite successfully launched
Mar 6, 2018 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its twelfth satellite, Hispasat 30W-6. From its orbital position at 30° West, Hispasat 30W-6 will replace and broaden the capacity of Hispasat 30W-4. It has 40 Ku-band transponders, up to 6 Ka-band beams and 10 C-band transponders.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Satellite, Spain
Successful launch of the HISPASAT Amazonas 5 satellite
Sep 12, 2017 – HISPASAT has successfully launched its eleventh satellite, Amazonas 5. Its 24 transponders in the Ku band, with coverage of Central and South America, provide high-performance direct-to-home television (DTH) services.
News categories: HISPASAT, Carlos Espinós, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
Spain - abertis and Microsoft to offer digital terrestrial TV via the internet
Apr 19, 2007 – abertis telecom and Microsoft have signed a collaboration agreement to work together to develop Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) via the Internet.
News categories: abertis telecom, Microsoft, Digital TV, OTT, Spain, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA