Digital TV News: Carlos Lucas
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer now supporting Android TV, Samsung TV and LG TV
Sep 4, 2018 – NexPlayer has developed a state-of-the-art video player for Smart TVs. NexPlayer allows its customers to manage one player for all Smart TV devices, enabling advanced functionalities and making life easier for media organizations everywhere.
News categories: NexPlayer, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
NexPlayer integrates video player SDKs with Edgeware CDN products
Jun 22, 2018 – NexPlayer and Edgeware have announced a new integration, creating a joint low latency platform that connects the NexPlayer video player SDKs for Android and iOS with Edgeware’s TV Content Delivery Network (CDN) architecture.
News categories: Edgeware, NexPlayer, Johan Bolin, Carlos Lucas, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
Yospace, NexPlayer integration helps monetise live streams on HTML5 platforms
Jan 18, 2018 – Yospace and NexStreaming have announced that Yospace’s HTML5 SDK has been pre-integrated into the NexPlayer HTML5 player, allowing Yospace’s Server-Side Dynamic Ad Insertion to be accompanied by real-time, client-side tracking.
News categories: Yospace, NexStreaming, David Springall, Carlos Lucas, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
Nov 20, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that its NexPlayer HTML5 player is fully compatible with the Conviva Video AI Platform. The pre-integrated solution combines HLS & DASH streaming across all browsers and devices with accurate analytics.
News categories: NexStreaming, Conviva, Carlos Lucas, Aditya Ganjam, Big Data, Digital TV, HTML5, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
NexStreaming pre-integrates Jump Data-as-a-Service platform
Mar 21, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that NexPlayer SDK is pre-integrated with the Jump DaaS (Data as a Service) Platform. Video service providers will now deliver the best user experience with their video apps while providing a complete Insights platform for NexStreaming customers.
News categories: Jump, NexStreaming, Jerónimo Macanás, Jesús Herrero, Carlos Lucas, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Video Exchange, Worldwide
NexStreaming releases NexPlayer SDK for Samsung TIZEN Smart TVs
Feb 14, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced the release of NexPlayer for Tizen, a player SDK for Tizen-based apps, allowing video service providers to make their apps work on Samsung Smart TVs with the highest video quality and the most advanced features set.
News categories: NexStreaming, Samsung, Tizen, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC20, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
NexPlayer SDK fully compatible with Yospace
Jan 3, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that its NexPlayer SDK supports Yospace’s Dynamic Ad Insertion platform. From now on, video service providers and broadcasters will be able to monetise their video apps and ensure their viewers enjoy the best user experience.
News categories: NexStreaming, Yospace, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature