Digital TV News: Caroline Van Weede
Digital cable TV homes in Europe up 13% in 2011
Mar 7, 2012 – According to figures released by Cable Europe, Europe's ongoing switch away from analogue services helped the total number of digital cable TV homes served by cable operators to increase by 13% in 2011.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Defying Cord Cutting Craze, European Union Cable Market Expands in 2010
Sep 7, 2011 – The European cable market continued to expand in 2010, with revenue throughout the EU rising by nearly 8% for the year on the strength of double-digit growth in digital TV, broadband and telephony subscribers, according to Screen Digest (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Subscribers
Strong Cable Digital TV & Broadband Growth In Europe
Feb 15, 2011 – Latest figures released by Cable Europe show that the European cable industry's ongoing investments in next generation internet access and digital television keeps paying off.
News categories: Cable Europe, Broadband, Cable TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Latest Figures Show Digital Cable Growth in Europe
Mar 3, 2010 – New industry figures announced at Cable Congress 2010 in Brussels reveal a 21% growth in European digital cable television subscribers to 21.5 million, representing 35% of all cable TV customers.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Manuel Kohnstamm, Caroline Van Weede, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Cable Industry Revenues Reach €18 billion
Mar 18, 2009 – Revenues in the European cable industry jumped more than 7 per cent last year to €18bn amid sharply increased demand for digital television, internet broadband and telephony services according to figures presented at the annual Cable Congress.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable Congress, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system