Digital TV News: Cartesian
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca secures Android TV STB for Orange Spain
Sep 10, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Orange Spain has deployed an Android TV set-top box (STB) secured by VO's DRM solution for its IPTV service. The STB will enable Orange Spain pay-TV subscribers to access a wide range of premium content, including Ultra HD, live, and VOD.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Orange, Paul Molinier, José Antonio Guzmán, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
Credential sharing is costing video providers millions in lost revenue
Dec 20, 2018 – What has been an effective strategy for OTT video providers to win new subscribers appears to be backfiring. Research by Cartesian reveals that 27% of consumers access streaming video content using account credentials borrowed or stolen from someone they don’t live with.
News categories: Cartesian, Sam Kornstein, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
Wibox launches Android TV 4K offer secured by Viaccess-Orca
Sep 11, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Wibox has launched Android TV 4K STBs secured by VO's DRM. Manufactured by Sagemcom, the STBs will enable FTTH subscribers to access content through IPTV and OTT networks protected by VO, via a user experience provided by DotScreen.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Wibox, Sagemcom, DOTSCREEN, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Mathieu Gourraud, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, France, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Viaccess-Orca Connected Sentinel DRM completes Farncombe Security Audit
Jun 28, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its Connected Sentinel DRM solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian. Cartesian's Farncombe Security Audit reviews the requirements of security solutions to determine whether they meet the complex needs of IPTV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Brian Paxton, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Worldwide
Irdeto security selected for Mexico's StarTV
Dec 11, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that StarGroup, a telecommunication service provider in Mexico, has selected Irdeto to secure the distribution of content to its 100,000 pay TV subscribers. StarGroup will use Irdeto Cloaked CA to secure its StarTV satellite service.
News categories: Irdeto, StarGroup, Paul Ragland, Bruno Pruneda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
Irdeto Cloaked CA completes Farncombe Security Audit for 4K
Sep 13, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Cloaked CA solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian against the stringent usage rules for 4K UHD premium content included in the Farncombe Security Audit.
News categories: Irdeto, Cartesian, Andrew Bunten, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
JOYNE deploys pay TV operations in the cloud with Conax, Eutelsat and SmarDTV
Sep 13, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and SmarDTV have announced a collaboration with JOYNE. JOYNE has selected Conax ‘Contego-as-a-Service’ cloud-based content protection security hub and Conax Cardless CAM developed by SmarDTV with pre-integrated security client Conax Core Access for its content security needs.
News categories: Conax, JOYNE, SmarDTV, Eutelsat, Tom Jahr, Hans Brunas, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues