Digital TV News: Cedric Hardouin
Viaccess-Orca and Wyplay build pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform
Jun 3, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Wyplay have joined forces to build a pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform. The platform is targeted at operators or content providers wishing to deploy best in class services while minimizing complexity and optimizing their internal resources.
News categories: Wyplay, Viaccess-Orca, Dominique Feral, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Rambus strengthen security in TVs and STBs
Nov 28, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has collaborated with Rambus to strengthen its VO Shield Root of Trust (RoT) solution. The CryptoMedia Content Protection Core from Rambus complements VO Shield by enabling a hardware RoT to be embedded directly in the multimedia chipset of devices, including TVs and STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Rambus, Cédric Hardouin, Bret Sewell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca selects Media Motive app test automation platform
Jan 19, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has chosen Media Motive’s M3µ test automation platform to automate testing for its mobile and web applications. Viaccess-Orca intends to use the Italian company’s solution to improve testing for validation purposes.
News categories: Media Motive, Viaccess-Orca, Giovanni Fiengo, Cedric Hardouin, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca selects RT-RK to automate STB testing
Jan 3, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has selected RT-RK for its automated set-top box system. Viaccess-Orca intends to use the equipment to improve its testing process, when validating its partners’ hardware and software set-top box products.
News categories: RT-RK, Viaccess-Orca, Vukota Pekovic, Cédric Hardouin, CES, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics selected by SmarDTV for NAGRA QuickStart STBs
Sep 9, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that SmarDTV has chosen ST decoders for its SmarBOX product range, which will benefit from NAGRA technologies such as OpenTV 5 connectware and the NOCS3 hardware root-of-trust.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SmarDTV, Cedric Hardouin, Hervé Mathieu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali