Digital TV News: Cedric Hardouin
Viaccess-Orca and Wyplay build pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform
Jun 3, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Wyplay have joined forces to build a pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform. The platform is targeted at operators or content providers wishing to deploy best in class services while minimizing complexity and optimizing their internal resources.
News categories: Wyplay, Viaccess-Orca, Dominique Feral, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Rambus strengthen security in TVs and STBs
Nov 28, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has collaborated with Rambus to strengthen its VO Shield Root of Trust (RoT) solution. The CryptoMedia Content Protection Core from Rambus complements VO Shield by enabling a hardware RoT to be embedded directly in the multimedia chipset of devices, including TVs and STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Rambus, Cédric Hardouin, Bret Sewell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca selects Media Motive app test automation platform
Jan 19, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has chosen Media Motive’s M3µ test automation platform to automate testing for its mobile and web applications. Viaccess-Orca intends to use the Italian company’s solution to improve testing for validation purposes.
News categories: Media Motive, Viaccess-Orca, Giovanni Fiengo, Cedric Hardouin, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca selects RT-RK to automate STB testing
Jan 3, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has selected RT-RK for its automated set-top box system. Viaccess-Orca intends to use the equipment to improve its testing process, when validating its partners’ hardware and software set-top box products.
News categories: RT-RK, Viaccess-Orca, Vukota Pekovic, Cédric Hardouin, CES, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics selected by SmarDTV for NAGRA QuickStart STBs
Sep 9, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that SmarDTV has chosen ST decoders for its SmarBOX product range, which will benefit from NAGRA technologies such as OpenTV 5 connectware and the NOCS3 hardware root-of-trust.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SmarDTV, Cedric Hardouin, Hervé Mathieu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos