Digital TV News: Cedric Hardouin
Viaccess-Orca and Wyplay build pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform
Jun 3, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Wyplay have joined forces to build a pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform. The platform is targeted at operators or content providers wishing to deploy best in class services while minimizing complexity and optimizing their internal resources.
News categories: Wyplay, Viaccess-Orca, Dominique Feral, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Rambus strengthen security in TVs and STBs
Nov 28, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has collaborated with Rambus to strengthen its VO Shield Root of Trust (RoT) solution. The CryptoMedia Content Protection Core from Rambus complements VO Shield by enabling a hardware RoT to be embedded directly in the multimedia chipset of devices, including TVs and STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Rambus, Cédric Hardouin, Bret Sewell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca selects Media Motive app test automation platform
Jan 19, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has chosen Media Motive’s M3µ test automation platform to automate testing for its mobile and web applications. Viaccess-Orca intends to use the Italian company’s solution to improve testing for validation purposes.
News categories: Media Motive, Viaccess-Orca, Giovanni Fiengo, Cedric Hardouin, Digital TV, Mobile, QoE, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca selects RT-RK to automate STB testing
Jan 3, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has selected RT-RK for its automated set-top box system. Viaccess-Orca intends to use the equipment to improve its testing process, when validating its partners’ hardware and software set-top box products.
News categories: RT-RK, Viaccess-Orca, Vukota Pekovic, Cédric Hardouin, CES2020, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics selected by SmarDTV for NAGRA QuickStart STBs
Sep 9, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that SmarDTV has chosen ST decoders for its SmarBOX product range, which will benefit from NAGRA technologies such as OpenTV 5 connectware and the NOCS3 hardware root-of-trust.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, SmarDTV, Cedric Hardouin, Hervé Mathieu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed