Digital TV News: Chad Lucien
LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
Feb 20, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) has announced that LG has extended its license to use Hillcrest Labs' Freespace MotionEngine software in its Smart TVs. Freespace MotionEngine enables the point-and-click and motion control features of the LG Magic Remote.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Brings Motion Control to Intel Set-Top Box Reference Kit
Mar 19, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Intel's newest reference design kit for IPTV set-top boxes (STBs) and media servers will use Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control technology.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Hillcrest Labs Selected by TCL to Bring Motion, Gesture and Cursor Control to Android™-Powered Smart TVs
May 23, 2012 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that TCL Multimedia (SZSE: 000100) is using Hillcrest's patented Freespace® motion software for TCL's Android™-based Smart TVs, including its flagship V7500 Android 4.03 Smart TV, and motion sensing remotes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Hillcrest Labs Unveils Low Cost, Embedded Motion-Control System for Connected TVs
Jan 5, 2011 – Hillcrest Labs has announced a new low cost, embedded motion-control system for TV manufacturers. The new turnkey solution is designed to support new motion pointing and gesture-enabled user interfaces. It will be showcased at the CES show.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Broadcom, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor
Hillcrest Labs Introduces Kylo™: The Web Browser for Television
Mar 22, 2010 – Hillcrest Labs has launched the Kylo™ browser - a web browser for TV. Developed for households that connect their PCs or Macs to the TV, Kylo lets users visit any site on the web with a browser that was specifically designed to be viewed from a distance.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, OTT, Smart Home, Software
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy