Digital TV News: China Telecom
Growth in IPTV subscriptions to sustain pay TV market in China
Sep 26, 2019 – GlobalData expects that between 2018 and 2023 robust growth in IPTV subscriptions in China will help offset subscription losses in cable TV and sustain market growth. Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue is poised to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% over the period.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, China, Digital TV, Market Research
Global Smart Home market to surpass $100 billion in 2019
Sep 25, 2019 – Strategy Analytics projects that consumer spending on smart home related hardware, services and installation fees will reach $103 billion in 2019 and grow to $157 billion by 2023. The company predicts that spending on devices will account for 54% of the total in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Jack Narcotta, Bill Ablondi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
ZTE and China Telecom show 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai 2019
Jun 28, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Telecom have demonstrated 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai. Images and data were captured by an 8K VR 360° camera and transmitted via a 5G network, allowing visitors, wearing VR glasses, to enjoy an immersive viewing experience.
News categories: ZTE, China Telecom, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, MWC19, VR
Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
Dec 13, 2018 – Androidmov Technology has unveiled its next generation IPTV desktop, which is now put into use, in Chengdu. It shows that the company's full-stack front-end desktop system, based on clouding design and a mixed structure of smart EPG+H5, is mature.
News categories: Androidmov, Dai Cong, Chen Yijun, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX
Revenues at top 10 pay TV operators to drop $20 billion
Apr 23, 2018 – Despite adding 84 million subscribers between 2017 and 2023, subscription and PPV revenues for the world’s top 517 pay TV operators will fall by $18 billion to $183 billion, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Telecom revenue growth muted in 2017
Dec 20, 2017 – Despite unabated network usage, global telecom revenue is on track to grow just 1.1 percent in 2017 over the prior year, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Global economic growth prospects, meanwhile, are looking up.
News categories: IHS Markit, Stéphane Téral, Michael Howard, Big Data, Market Research, Worldwide
IPTV market to grow at a CAGR of almost 16% to 2021
Jul 27, 2017 – Technavio analysts have forecast that the global IPTV market will grow at a CAGR of almost 16% during the period 2017-2021, as the percentage of the world's population with broadband internet access rises over the upcoming years.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Worldwide
Top 50 operators take two-thirds of global pay TV subs
Jul 10, 2017 – Pay TV subscriptions for 522 operators reached 839 million in 2016 – or 87% of the 959 million global subscribers, and the top 50 operators accounted for two-thirds of the total, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Impressive pay TV growth forecast for Asia Pacific
Mar 6, 2017 – Unlike most of the rest of the world, the Asia Pacific pay TV sector is vibrant, according to Digital TV Research. Subscribers and revenues are both forecast to rise over the next five years.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA