Digital TV News: ChinaDRM
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Alibaba Cloud selects Irdeto to simplify OTT content protection
Sep 20, 2018 – Alibaba Cloud has selected Irdeto Rights to simplify OTT content protection for its customers. Irdeto’s multi-DRM solution, including ChinaDRM, PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay support, will enable content owners and operators to quickly deploy OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Alibaba Cloud, Bengt Jonsson, Li Bin, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Youku and Irdeto bring secure premium content to consumers in China
Aug 8, 2018 – Youku has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to safeguard premium content delivery. Youku will also deploy Irdeto TraceMark for mobile, PC and OTT VOD for its paid subscription service to detect and combat content theft and redistribution piracy.
News categories: Irdeto, Youku, Bengt Jonsson, Xin Shi, China, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, OTT
Verimatrix forensic watermarking accredited by ChinaDRM Lab
Apr 10, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that its forensic watermarking capabilities have been evaluated and validated by ChinaDRM Lab, the official testing organization of the State Administration of Radio and Television of the People's Republic of China.
News categories: Verimatrix, State Administration of Radio and Television, Petr Peterka, China, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, Watermarking
NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
Mar 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its NexGuard watermarking technology has been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab, the standards body that oversees digital rights management in China. The ChinaDRM Lab at the Chinese Academy of Sciences conducted the compliance process.
News categories: NexGuard, NAGRA, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Jaap Haitsma, Philippe Stransky, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
Irdeto watermarking passes ChinaDRM security tests
May 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has passed ChinaDRM Lab’s security evaluation test. The certification will enable operators in China to monetize OTT offerings.
News categories: Irdeto, SAPPRFT, Rory O’Connor, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers