Digital TV News: Chips&Media
RDA selects Chips&Media HD video IP for mobile and DTV platforms
Mar 25, 2015 – Chips&Media has announced that RDA Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media’s HD multi-standard codec core into its new family of SoC designs, which is available on the market.
News categories: Chips&Media, RDA Microelectronics, Steve Kim, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Worldwide
Chips&Media and Realtek expand UltraHD HEVC SoC collaboration
Jun 5, 2014 – Chips&Media has announced that its reference design partnership with Realtek has resulted in several new design wins for HEVC built-in STB/OTT models from various China and international brands.
News categories: Chips&Media, Realtek, Gilligan Choe, Yee-Wei Huang, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Chips&Media licenses AVS+ IP to over 10 customers
May 12, 2014 – Chips&Media has announced its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, have been licensed to over 10 customers.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Chips&Media announces HEVC video decoder IP
Apr 25, 2013 – Chips&Media has introduced the industry's first hardware HEVC decoder IP core supporting up to Ultra HD resolution. Chips&Media's WAVE410 HEVC decoder targets a range of evices that are capable of 4K video playback from smartphones to UHDTV/UHD set-top boxes.
News categories: Chips&Media, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Chips&Media to Exhibit its latest Video IP at CES 2012
Jan 9, 2012 – Chips&Media has announced that it will showcase its latest video technology at CES 2012. Chips&Media will introduce the newest member in its CODA9™ Series, which is specially designed for the internet connected devices.
News categories: Chips&Media, CES, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Novatek Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Set-top Box and DTV Platforms
Dec 2, 2010 – Chips&Media has announced that Novatek Microelectronics has integrated the Chips&Media's HD multi-standard decoder core into its new family of SoC designs.
News categories: Chips&Media, Novatek, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Chips&Media Licenses Sorenson Spark Video Decoder
Aug 24, 2009 – Sorenson Media has announced that Chips&Media has licensed the Sorenson Spark Software Developers Kit (SDK) to include the Sorenson Spark video decoder in Chips&Media's optimized video IP.
News categories: Sorenson Media, Chips&Media, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Ceramate Introduces World's Smallest DVB-T STB Module
Feb 12, 2009 – Ceramate Technical has announced the availability of the CT500 module, the world's smallest Set Top Box module. The CT500 module is a full featured DVB-T receiver and MPEG2 video decoder: antenna IN, video OUT, and is as small as 20x38 mm.
News categories: Abilis Systems, Ceramate, C&M Microelectronics, Digital TV, DVD, MWC19, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Terrestrial
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ