Digital TV News: Chris Fenger
RCN, Grande, Wave launch Amazon Prime Video app on TiVo STBs
Dec 20, 2019 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the Amazon Prime Video app through the company’s TiVo set-top boxes. Pay-TV subscribers with an Amazon Prime membership can stream content via the Prime Video app on their TiVo devices.
News categories: TiVo, RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Prime Video, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN rolls out TiVo experience with voice remote control
Jul 31, 2018 – RCN has announced the availability of its new TiVo interface. Customers can now enjoy enhanced capabilities including a voice command remote control, viewing recommendations and fast content navigation, among other innovative features.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCN updates TiVo user interface
Nov 17, 2014 – RCN has announced that it will complete the roll-out of a new user interface for its TiVo service. The updated interface is equipped with new guide functions and introduces features such as faster navigation, better search capabilities and new TV apps.
News categories: RCN, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
RCN delivers its most powerful DVR to date
Jun 3, 2014 – RCN has announced that it is making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 HD DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
News categories: RCN, TiVo Inc, Thomas Elam, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs