Digital TV News: Chris Fenger
RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
Oct 15, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the TiVo Stream 4K. The device will be paired with RCN, Grande and Wave’s ultra-high-speed internet to bring its customers more home entertainment options.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCN, Grande, Wave launch Amazon Prime Video app on TiVo STBs
Dec 20, 2019 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the Amazon Prime Video app through the company’s TiVo set-top boxes. Pay-TV subscribers with an Amazon Prime membership can stream content via the Prime Video app on their TiVo devices.
News categories: TiVo, RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Prime Video, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN rolls out TiVo experience with voice remote control
Jul 31, 2018 – RCN has announced the availability of its new TiVo interface. Customers can now enjoy enhanced capabilities including a voice command remote control, viewing recommendations and fast content navigation, among other innovative features.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCN updates TiVo user interface
Nov 17, 2014 – RCN has announced that it will complete the roll-out of a new user interface for its TiVo service. The updated interface is equipped with new guide functions and introduces features such as faster navigation, better search capabilities and new TV apps.
News categories: RCN, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
RCN delivers its most powerful DVR to date
Jun 3, 2014 – RCN has announced that it is making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 HD DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
News categories: RCN, TiVo Inc, Thomas Elam, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic