Digital TV News: Chris Larson
Roku announces 'Roku TV Ready' program
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Roku TV Ready, a program that allows consumer electronics companies to partner with Roku to help their products work seamlessly with Roku TV. The first partners under the program are TCL North America and Sound United.
News categories: Roku, Sound United, TCL, Mark Ely, Brendon Stead, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
1 in 8 smart TVs sold in the U.S. runs Roku OS
Jan 3, 2017 – Roku has announced that industry data reveals incredible momentum for the Roku TV program in just two years since its launch. As of Dec. 2016 following launch into Mexico, there were 100 Roku TV models available in the North American market.
News categories: Roku, Element Electronics, TCL, Chas Smith, Vlad Kazhdan, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
4K TCL Roku TVs available to buy in the U.S.
Mar 24, 2016 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of its 4K Ultra HD TCL Roku TV models for the U.S. The smart TVs integrate the Roku OS and include six models that bring together the latest in TV design, advanced connectivity and 4K content.
News categories: TCL, Roku, Chris Larson, Chas Smith, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces Roku TV HDR Reference Design
Jan 4, 2016 – Roku enters 2016 with plans for the first 4K UHD Roku TV models, the introduction of the Roku TV HDR reference design, and its TV OEM partners expect to introduce nearly 60 Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TCL introduces premium TVs with Roku integrated
May 13, 2015 – TCL has announced that seven TCL Roku TVs will soon be available at major U.S. retailers. Following the launch of three 3700 series models, TCL is expanding its 2015 TCL Roku TV lineup with three 3800 Design Series models and four 3850 Decorator Series models.
News categories: TCL, Roku, Chris Larson, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces Roku TV 4K plans
Jan 5, 2015 – Roku has announced its plans to support 4K Ultra HD streaming. The company has prepared a Roku TV reference design for 4K smart TVs for license to TV OEM partners. TCL is an initial partner to build 4K models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Netflix, Anthony Wood, Chris Larson, Neil Hunt, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
Aug 19, 2014 – TCL and Roku have announced availability of the TCL Roku TV line-up. TCL will offer four TCL Roku TV models: 32" 32FS4610R ($229), 40" 40FS4610R ($329), 48" 48FS4610R ($499), and 55" 55FS4610R ($649).
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chris Larson, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform