Digital TV News: Chris Larson
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
1 in 8 smart TVs sold in the U.S. runs Roku OS
Jan 3, 2017 – Roku has announced that industry data reveals incredible momentum for the Roku TV program in just two years since its launch. As of Dec. 2016 following launch into Mexico, there were 100 Roku TV models available in the North American market.
News categories: Roku, Element Electronics, TCL, Chas Smith, Vlad Kazhdan, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
4K TCL Roku TVs available to buy in the U.S.
Mar 24, 2016 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of its 4K Ultra HD TCL Roku TV models for the U.S. The smart TVs integrate the Roku OS and include six models that bring together the latest in TV design, advanced connectivity and 4K content.
News categories: TCL, Roku, Chris Larson, Chas Smith, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces Roku TV HDR Reference Design
Jan 4, 2016 – Roku enters 2016 with plans for the first 4K UHD Roku TV models, the introduction of the Roku TV HDR reference design, and its TV OEM partners expect to introduce nearly 60 Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
TCL introduces premium TVs with Roku integrated
May 13, 2015 – TCL has announced that seven TCL Roku TVs will soon be available at major U.S. retailers. Following the launch of three 3700 series models, TCL is expanding its 2015 TCL Roku TV lineup with three 3800 Design Series models and four 3850 Decorator Series models.
News categories: TCL, Roku, Chris Larson, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Roku announces Roku TV 4K plans
Jan 5, 2015 – Roku has announced its plans to support 4K Ultra HD streaming. The company has prepared a Roku TV reference design for 4K smart TVs for license to TV OEM partners. TCL is an initial partner to build 4K models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Netflix, Anthony Wood, Chris Larson, Neil Hunt, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
Aug 19, 2014 – TCL and Roku have announced availability of the TCL Roku TV line-up. TCL will offer four TCL Roku TV models: 32" 32FS4610R ($229), 40" 40FS4610R ($329), 48" 48FS4610R ($499), and 55" 55FS4610R ($649).
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chris Larson, Jim Funk, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules