Digital TV News: Chris Ripley
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
Jan 17, 2018 – Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI), Nexstar (Nasdaq: NXST) and Univision have reached an agreement with American Tower (NYSE: AMT) to jointly construct and operate Single Frequency Network (SFN) sites to broadcast ATSC 3.0 signals in the Dallas area.
News categories: Sinclair, American Tower, Univision, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Steven Marshall, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Sinclair and Nexstar agree transition plan from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0
Jul 20, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq:SBGI) and Nexstar (Nasdaq:NXST) have reached a tentative agreement on principles to coordinate the transition of the over-the-air delivery of ATSC 3.0 television services in 97 television markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, ATSC, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Univision joins ATSC 3.0 exploitation consortium
Jun 1, 2017 – Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that Univision Local Media is now a party to the MOU establishing a consortium to promote innovation and develop and explore products and services associated with ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair, Nexstar, Univision, Chris Ripley, Perry A. Sook, John Eck, ATSC, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Nexstar Media and Sinclair Broadcast establish ATSC 3.0 exploitation consortium
Mar 15, 2017 – Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that they have agreed to establish a consortium that will promote spectrum aggregation, innovation and monetization around the adoption of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Chris Ripley, Perry A. Sook, ATSC, Digital TV, USA
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv