Digital TV News: Chris Ripley
Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
Oct 15, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has acquired two TV stations in Washington, DC. In addition to traditional broadcast programming, the company plans to demonstrate datacasting using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
May 26, 2020 – Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI), Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST), and The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) have announced that their Las Vegas television stations have begun broadcasting in NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, Scripps, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, Brian Lawlor, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
SK Telecom demonstrates in-car 5G-ATSC 3.0 broadcasting
Jun 4, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that it, together with Sinclair Broadcast Group and Harman International Industries, has demonstrated next-generation TV broadcasting by combining an ATSC 3.0-based broadcast system with SK Telecom’s 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Harman International, Park Jin-hyo, Chris Ripley, 5G, Advertising, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
Jan 17, 2018 – Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI), Nexstar (Nasdaq: NXST) and Univision have reached an agreement with American Tower (NYSE: AMT) to jointly construct and operate Single Frequency Network (SFN) sites to broadcast ATSC 3.0 signals in the Dallas area.
News categories: Sinclair, American Tower, Univision, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Steven Marshall, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Sinclair and Nexstar agree transition plan from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0
Jul 20, 2017 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq:SBGI) and Nexstar (Nasdaq:NXST) have reached a tentative agreement on principles to coordinate the transition of the over-the-air delivery of ATSC 3.0 television services in 97 television markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico