Digital TV News: Christine Heckart
Alcatel-Lucent provides Vodafone Portugal IPTV details
Sep 21, 2009 – The Vodafone (London:VOD) 'Casa TV' IPTV service in Portugal re-uses the network architecture developed with Alcatel-Lucent (Paris, NYSE: ALU) for providing broadband and voice services. The middleware and DRM are Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) products.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Vodafone, Gianluca Baini, Jorge Bento, Christine Heckart, Content Distribution, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Portugal
Sigma Designs and Microsoft Collaborate on Advanced IPTV System-on-a-Chip for Microsoft Mediaroom
Apr 14, 2008 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) and Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) have announced a collaboration to enable the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform to operate on next-generation set-top boxes using the new Sigma SMP8654 SoC.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Microsoft Mediaroom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MTS Allstream to Work With Microsoft and Alcatel-Lucent to Introduce Enhanced Broadband Internet and TV Services
Jan 17, 2008 – MTS Allstream has announced that it will move forward with steps to introduce next generation high-speed Internet and TV services to Manitoba customers, with more HDTV offerings, PVR and DVR functionality, improved guide features and other advances.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, MTS Allstream, Alex Giosa, Christine Heckart, Kelvin Shepherd, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware
Broadcom and Microsoft Collaborate on Next-Generation IPTV System-on-a-Chip
Jan 6, 2008 – The collaboration includes Microsoft and Broadcom working together to enable the popular Microsoft Mediaroom™ IPTV client software to operate on next-generation set-top boxes (STBs) utilizing the Broadcom® BCM7405 system on a chip (SOC).
News categories: Microsoft, Broadcom, BT TV, In-Stat, Christine Heckart, Richard Nelson, Richard Griffiths, Michelle Abraham, CES2020, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Alcatel-Lucent becomes supplier and network integrator of IPTV solution for du in UAE
Nov 12, 2007 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has signed a frame agreement with du, the UAE's second telecom operator, for its upcoming Internet protocol television (IPTV) deployment based on the award-winning Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV and multimedia platform.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Microsoft, 'du', Olivier Picard, Christine Heckart, Osman Sultan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, UAE
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video