Digital TV News: Clayton Cruz
CCNP and MediaKind enable HD DTT distribution in Colombia
Apr 10, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that CCNP (Consorcio Canales Nacionales Privados) has chosen MediaKind’s Aquila direct to consumer solution to provide Live Encoding on CCNP’s national feed for digital distribution services to consumers across Colombia.
News categories: MediaKind, Clayton Cruz, Colombia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial
Oi Brazil chooses MediaKind's multiscreen entertainment solution
Apr 8, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Oi Brazil has chosen MediaKind’s multiscreen entertainment solution. The implementation combines MediaKind’s Mediaroom TV Platform, Video Storage and Processing Platform, Live Encoding to Oi Play and associated Professional Services.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi Brazil, Clayton Cruz, Luciano Rebouças Oliveira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, OTT, UX
MediaKind integrates Netflix into Mediaroom at VIVO in Brazil
Mar 11, 2019 – MediaKind is collaborating with Telefônica Brasil to enhance the user experience for more than 350,000 VIVO Fibra subscribers through the integration of Netflix into the MediaKind Mediaroom platform’s interactive menu system.
News categories: MediaKind, Telefônica, Clayton Cruz, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, NABShow, OTT
Totalplay to deploy MediaKind's Encoding Live video processing
Sep 13, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that Totalplay will deploy its Encoding Live video processing solution to support a smooth migration to the cloud and enable the delivery of its IPTV pay-TV content in Mexico.
News categories: MediaKind, Totalplay, Clayton Cruz, Julio Trejo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Mexico
Ericsson Mediaroom TV for Aster in the Dominican Republic
Feb 22, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will transform Aster’s TV offer and cable network in the Dominican Republic through the deployment of Ericsson Mediaroom TV and video compression, with the Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) cBR-8 Evolved Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP).
News categories: Ericsson, Cisco Systems, Aster, Clayton Cruz, Gustavo Sorgente, Juan Ramón Gomez Diaz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Middleware
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media