Digital TV News: Cloakware
Irdeto acquires gaming security company, Denuvo
Jan 23, 2018 – Irdeto has acquired Denuvo to provide anti-piracy and anti-cheat solutions for games on desktop, mobile, console and VR devices. Denuvo provides technology and services for game publishers and platforms, independent software vendors, e-publishers and video publishers across the globe.
News categories: Irdeto, Denuvo, Doug Lowther, Reinhard Blaukovitsch, Content Protection, MnA, VR, Worldwide
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto Cloaked CA ships 500,000 units in first six months
Jun 13, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that more than 500,000 set-top boxes embedded with Irdeto Cloaked CA were shipped globally in the first six months following its launch at IBC 2011. This figure is expected to increase significantly over the next year.
News categories: Irdeto, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Market Research
Mega Media Indonesia Partners with Irdeto to Launch 'Parabola Orange TV' DTH
Oct 27, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that PT Mega Media Indonesia, the country's newest player in direct-to-home (DTH) broadcast services, has selected Irdeto's conditional access (CA) solution to launch 'Parabola Orange TV' pay TV services.
News categories: Irdeto, PT Mega Media, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite
Demand for Securing Premium Content on Any Device Drives Rapid Growth for Irdeto in U.S. Market
Apr 11, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced a successful close to fiscal year 2011, with increased market penetration in the U.S. and a solidified position as the top security partner for operators offering premium content on a vast array of consumer devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Content Protection, NABShow, USA
Stofa Selects Irdeto Cloaked Conditional Access
Mar 22, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa, a leading Danish pay-TV operator, has chosen Irdeto Cloaked Conditional Access (CA) for its Zaptor pay TV offering. The implementation will be used by Stofa to protect its broadcast and video on demand (VoD) services.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Video Exchange
Irdeto Launches ActiveCloak for Media: Dynamic Security Solution to Combat Digital Entertainment Piracy
Feb 28, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has launched ActiveCloak for Media, the first and only dynamic security solution to protect and monetize high-value digital entertainment assets throughout their entire lifecycle and across a wide range of consumer devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Content Protection, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Irdeto Enables Access to Premium Streaming Content on the Boxee Box by D-Link
Jan 7, 2011 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that its patented Cloakware technology has been chosen by D-Link (Taipei:2332) to protect premium streaming content on the Boxee Box by D-Link, the first branded set-top box for Boxee's award-winning media platform.
News categories: Irdeto, D-Link, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Irdeto Helps Logitech Revue Box for Google TV Offer Content from Premium Providers
Nov 10, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that its technology has been selected to enable access to premium online content from the Logitech Revue™ (SIX: LOGN; NASDAQ: LOGI) with Google TV™ (NASDAQ:GOOG).
News categories: Irdeto, Logitech, Google TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos