Digital TV News: Cogeco
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
Cogeco Connexion to introduce MediaFirst IPTV platform
Aug 14, 2018 – Cogeco Connexion (TSX: CCA) has announced that it has entered into an agreement with MediaKind (previously Ericsson Media Solutions) to offer its customers the MediaFirst IPTV platform in Canada.
News categories: Cogeco, MediaKind, Ken Smithard, Michel Blais, Luc Noiseux, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers combined lost almost 20% fewer TV subscribers in 2017 compared to 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Atlantic Broadband completes acquisition of Metrocast cable systems
Jan 4, 2018 – Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) has announced that its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of cable systems owned by Harron Communications and operating under the MetroCast brand name.
News categories: Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband, Louis Audet, Richard Shea, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Cord-cutting in Canada slows in the first half of 2017
Aug 14, 2017 – Canada’s publicly traded TV service providers lost 22% fewer TV subscribers in the first half of 2017 compared to the same period in 2016, bucking the trend of accelerating TV cord-cutting in recent years, according to Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Cogeco Connexion launches TiVo 4K service
Mar 21, 2017 – Cogeco Connexion has introduced a TiVo 4K PVR allowing its customers in Quebec and Ontario to access ultra-high-definition programming, for an even better television entertainment experience.
News categories: Cogeco Connexion, TiVo, Daniel Boisvert, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Cord-cutting in Canada reaches record level in 2016
Mar 15, 2017 – Canada’s publicly traded television service providers as a whole continued to lose a record number of TV subscribers in 2016 but the trends shifted as the cable companies lost considerably fewer subscribers and the IPTV providers saw subscriber growth slow significantly.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cogeco Connexion deploys on-demand TV with SeaChange
Oct 17, 2016 – SeaChange (NASDAQ:SEAC) has announced that Cogeco Connexion has rolled out its latest generation of on-demand television services on the SeaChange Adrenalin multiscreen television platform.
News categories: SeaChange, Cogeco, Ed Terino, Daniel Boisvert, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos