Digital TV News: Colin Petrie-Norris
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
XUMO renews streaming service deal with LG for USA and Canada
Oct 23, 2019 – XUMO has announced that it has renewed its enterprise relationship with LG to continue powering the Channel Plus service for LG smart TVs. The service has been rebranded LG Channels for 2019 LG webOS smart TVs in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
News categories: XUMO, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Tru Optik closes $10 million venture round
Apr 3, 2019 – Tru Optik has announced the close of a $10 million venture round. The funds will allow Tru Optik to increase its sales and marketing activity, accelerate international growth, expand its OTT Household Graph and extend its capabilities across other forms of addressable advertising.
News categories: Tru Optik, Mithera Capital, Andre Swanston, Mark Feldman, Matt Spiegel, Colin Petrie-Norris, Aleck Schleider, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
LG to unveil webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016
Dec 22, 2015 – LG will unveil its 2016 Smart TV lineup featuring the updated webOS 3.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2016. LG webOS 3.0 adds new features to make finding and switching between LG's expanded content options simple and fast.
News categories: LG, Xumo, Brian Kwon, Colin Petrie-Norris, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform