Digital TV News: Colin Dixon
Internet Features are the Norm for New TV Devices
Jun 2, 2011 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), the number of households that will be using over-the-top (OTT) video services will grow from 106 million in 2010 to 250 million in 2016.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Internet Video Viewing to Trump Broadcast TV by 2020
May 19, 2010 – New research from The Diffusion Group (TDG) predicts that by 2020 the consumption of Internet video -- content stored and distributed over an IP architecture -- will eclipse the consumption of broadcast TV programming.
News categories: TDG, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
AirTies and Endavo Media to Showcase OTT Video Services at IPTV World Forum
Mar 16, 2010 – Endavo Media is teaming up with AirTies to showcase over-the-top video delivery through an integrated media management system at this year's IPTV World Forum in London from March 23-25.
News categories: AirTies, Endavo Media, Content Distribution, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Broadband-Enabled TV Households to Top 360 Million by 2014
Jan 5, 2010 – According to research from The Diffusion Group (TDG), by 2014 more than 360 million households worldwide will own the components necessary to enjoy Over-the-Top (OTT) video services on their TV, with more than half actively receiving OTT services.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Requiescat in Pace, DMA
Dec 8, 2009 – According to The Diffusion Group (TDG), the global market for digital media adapters (DMAs) will be virtually non-existent by 2014, as manufacturers shift to embedded solutions and consumers demand video platforms that feature native internet connectivity.
News categories: The Diffusion Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Over-the-Top TV Revenue to Top $5.6 Billion by 2014
Sep 14, 2009 – According to a new report from The Diffusion Group, revenue from the delivery of Internet video to the TV will grow nearly six-fold in the next five years, from a meager $1 billion in 2009 to $5.7 billion in 2014.
News categories: TDG, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Rovi (Macrovision) Launches 'Liquid' Digital Media Guide
Jul 16, 2009 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), formerly Macrovision, has unveiled a new media guide, codenamed 'Liquid,' capable of connecting consumers to entertainment content on the internet, stored at home, or broadcast, with a single user interface.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Entone Teams With VUDU To Deliver Online Video To Telcos
May 5, 2009 – Entone has announced the integration of VUDU's internet entertainment platform with Entone's media hubs allowing Entone's telco customers to supplement their broadcast and DVR services with VUDU's library of more than 14,000 movie and TV titles.
News categories: Entone, VUDU, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Your Next Video Service May Come from Your Gaming Console
Dec 1, 2008 – According to a new report from TDG, game consoles such as Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PS3 are evolving into multimedia gateways with legitimate non-gaming media arsenals.
News categories: TDG, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS