Digital TV News: ComReg
ComReg publishes results of 2017 Ireland Communicates Survey
Mar 23, 2018 – The trends highlighted in the 2017 Ireland Communicates survey reflect the growing importance of telecommunications in our everyday lives. We are using technology in more ways than ever before, from streaming online TV content to video calling.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Market Research, OTT
Ireland to build €70 million digital TV network including new satellite service
Jul 29, 2010 – Ireland's Communications Minister has announced plans for the transition from analogue to digital television in the country. RTÉ will build the replacement digital service, available on both a terrestrial network and a satellite network.
News categories: RTÉ, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ireland - ComReg consults on Spectrum for Mobile TV
Jun 18, 2008 – Ireland's Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has announced its public consultation on the award of UHF spectrum initially in the five urban areas of Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Regulation
ComReg publishes licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television
Nov 9, 2007 – The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has published its response to consultation on licensing Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and its licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television.
News categories: ComReg, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Ireland - Consultation on DTT Multiplex Licence Conditions
Aug 31, 2007 – ComReg is conscious that in order to facilitate the establishment of DTT in Ireland, the framework within which ComReg intends to licence and regulate DTT multiplex licences needs to be developed.
News categories: Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Minister Eamon Ryan launches first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event at Leinster GAA Final
Jul 15, 2007 – Ireland's Minister for Communications has launched the first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event - the first of its kind under the Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot, currently underway.
News categories: Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching