Digital TV News: ComReg
ComReg publishes results of 2017 Ireland Communicates Survey
Mar 23, 2018 – The trends highlighted in the 2017 Ireland Communicates survey reflect the growing importance of telecommunications in our everyday lives. We are using technology in more ways than ever before, from streaming online TV content to video calling.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Market Research, OTT
Ireland to build €70 million digital TV network including new satellite service
Jul 29, 2010 – Ireland's Communications Minister has announced plans for the transition from analogue to digital television in the country. RTÉ will build the replacement digital service, available on both a terrestrial network and a satellite network.
News categories: RTÉ, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ireland - ComReg consults on Spectrum for Mobile TV
Jun 18, 2008 – Ireland's Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has announced its public consultation on the award of UHF spectrum initially in the five urban areas of Cork, Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Waterford.
News categories: ComReg, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, Regulation
ComReg publishes licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television
Nov 9, 2007 – The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) has published its response to consultation on licensing Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and its licence framework for Digital Terrestrial Television.
News categories: ComReg, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Ireland - Consultation on DTT Multiplex Licence Conditions
Aug 31, 2007 – ComReg is conscious that in order to facilitate the establishment of DTT in Ireland, the framework within which ComReg intends to licence and regulate DTT multiplex licences needs to be developed.
News categories: Broadcasting, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Minister Eamon Ryan launches first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event at Leinster GAA Final
Jul 15, 2007 – Ireland's Minister for Communications has launched the first High-Definition terrestrial broadcast of an Irish sporting event - the first of its kind under the Digital Terrestrial Television Pilot, currently underway.
News categories: Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019