Digital TV News: Comcast Spotlight
Shifts in TV viewing open new opportunities for advertisers
Mar 7, 2019 – Comcast Spotlight has released a research whitepaper that explores how fundamental shifts in the TV viewing experience have opened new opportunities for advertisers. New distribution points and technological advancements have enabled TV advertisers to reach consumers throughout the full marketing funnel.
News categories: Comcast Spotlight, Hank Oster, Justin Evans, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Altice, Charter and Comcast to offer one-stop advertising for New York DMA
Dec 13, 2017 – Altice (NYSE: ATUS), Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced that they have reached a preliminary agreement to provide a one-stop advertising solution to reach more than 6.2 million households across the New York DMA.
News categories: Altice USA, Charter, Comcast, Ed Renicker, Charles Stewart, David Kline, Hank Oster, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast announces blockchain-based advertising platform
Jun 20, 2017 – Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group, a division of Comcast Cable that combines the capabilities of Strata, FreeWheel, and Visible World, has announced the 'Blockchain Insights Platform' - aimed at improving the efficiency of premium video advertising.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
OpenTV Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2008 Results
Feb 25, 2009 – OpenTV (Nasdaq:OPTV) has announced financial results for its fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2008. For the full year, revenues were $116.5 million, 5.9% higher than revenues of $110.0 million in 2007.
News categories: OpenTV, Middleware, Results
- TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
- After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
- Kaltura and 3SS offer joint personalized Cloud TV solution
- Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
- China Central Television selects Harmonic media server for UHD playout
- Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
- NAGRA to showcase approach to pay TV business transformation at NAB 2019
- U.S. consumers piecing together their own personalized entertainment experiences
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online inventory to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019