Digital TV News: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau
Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
Feb 11, 2019 – According to Hong Kong's Secretary of Commerce and Economic Development, formal switching off of analogue TV services will begin on November 30, 2020, meaning that Hong Kong will enter into an era of full digital TV broadcasting from December 1, 2020.
News categories: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Terrestrial
Over half of Hong Kong households receiving digital TV services
Jul 25, 2010 – About 53.3% of Hong Kong households are receiving DTT services according to the latest public survey conducted in June 2010. This represents approximately 1.23 million households and an increase of more than 300,000 as compared to a year ago.
News categories: Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Framework for development of Hong Kong's mobile TV announced
Dec 22, 2008 – The Commerce and Economic Development Bureau (CEDB) has announced the implementation framework for the development of mobile television (TV) services in Hong Kong.
News categories: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Office of the Telecommunications Authority, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Mobile, Regulation
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'