Digital TV News: Communications Authority
Cyta selects Verimatrix for its IPTV service
Jul 27, 2020 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta) is to secure its IPTV services with the capabilities offered by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) framework.
News categories: Verimatrix, Cyta, Asaf Ashkenazi, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Watermarking
VNTA deploys R&S AI-based TV compliance test automation system in Vietnam
May 6, 2020 – Rohde & Schwarz has installed an AI-based RF test system for digital TV compliance test at the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority. The system enables test labs and TV/STB manufacturers to conduct compliance tests in a more cost-effective manner.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, VNTA, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
Oct 14, 2019 – Melita has further strengthened its position as Malta’s leading provider of TV services, with subscriber numbers now surpassing 100,000, equivalent to a circa 60% market share. All Melita TV customers now have HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Melita, Simon Poljask, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Subscribers
Fibre becomes leading technology for pay TV distribution in Norway
May 13, 2019 – Fibre has become the leading technology for the distribution of pay TV in Norway according to the country's National Communications Authority (Nkom). At the end of 2018, there were over 2.2 million TV subscriptions in the country, 28,000 fewer than a year earlier.
News categories: Nkom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Kenya consults on IPTV set-top box specification
Oct 31, 2017 – The Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) has issued licenses to a number of service providers to offer IPTV and VoD. Alongside this, the CA has now developed draft technical specifications for IPTV STBs to ensure reliability and acceptable quality.
News categories: Communications Authority of Kenya, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Set Top Box
EU conditionally approves Vivendi's acquisition of Telecom Italia
May 30, 2017 – The European Commission has approved the acquisition of de facto control over Telecom Italia by Vivendi. The decision is conditional on the divestment of Telecom Italia's stake in Persidera.
News categories: European Commission, Vivendi, Telecom Italia, Digital TV, Italy, MnA
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
Hungary adds 49,000 digital pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 29, 2016 – According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2016, the number of households with digital television subscriptions was 2,397,850, up 49,002 from 2,348,848 at the end of March 2016.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5