Digital TV News: Consolidated Communications
Olympusat takes QC and monitoring solutions from Interra Systems
Oct 3, 2017 – Interra Systems has announced that Olympusat is using its QC solution and real-time content monitor to deliver superior-quality, error-free video and audio content to customers, including major pay-TV operators in the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Interra Systems, Olympusat, Ashish Basu, Peter Savov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, QoE, USA
HBO NOW available to Consolidated Communications customers
Oct 2, 2017 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Home Box Office to bring HBO NOW to its broadband customers. Consolidated customers can sign up for a 30-day introductory free trial.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Home Box Office, Rob Koester, Cheryl Tuverson, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Consolidated launches OTT service powered by Olympusat and Viaccess-Orca
Aug 31, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Consolidated Communications has launched a targeted OTT offering across its footprint using Olympusat's VEMOX content preparation service powered by Viaccess-Orca's TV Everywhere solution.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Olympusat, Consolidated Communications, Paul Molinier, Tom Mohler, Rob Koester, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, OTT, USA
Consolidated Communications to launch Spanish-language TV Everywhere with Olympusat
Jun 22, 2017 – Olympusat has announced that Consolidated Communications will roll out its VEMOX platform to deliver a Spanish-language OTT TV Everywhere service. VEMOX combines technology and content, making it easier for consumers to access top-quality content.
News categories: Olympusat, Consolidated Communications, Tom Mohler, Rob Koester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Mobile TV market on cusp of unprecedented growth
Aug 26, 2016 – The global market for mobile TV is exceedingly fragmented and the top 10 players accounted for a mere 23.3% in 2015. These companies do, however, enjoy a strong foothold in several regional markets and have set entry-level barriers rather high.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
Jul 23, 2014 – Consolidated Communications has elected to deploy the ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite, enabling subscribers to enjoy up to six HD programs at one time, whole home DVR, and a more personalized content experience.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Consolidated Communications, Tom White, Bruce McClelland, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, USA
U.S. multichannel video subscription count drops by a quarter million in 2013
Mar 19, 2014 – The U.S. multichannel segment posted its first full-year decline in subscriptions, according to SNL Kagan estimates for cable, DBS and telco offerings at the end of 2013.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Consolidated ends 2012 with 106,000 video connections
Mar 7, 2013 – Consolidated Communications (Nasdaq:CNSL) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012. The company added 5,384 IPTV subscribers during 2012 to finish the year with 106,137.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K