Digital TV News: Constantinos Papavassilopoulos
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
MENA pay TV households up 10% in 2015
May 22, 2016 – 2015 was the year of growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa region. According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the number of pay TV households jumped 10 percent in 2015 to 4.95 million.
News categories: IHS, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Subscribers
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Middle East presents huge growth opportunities for Pay TV industry
Apr 8, 2014 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced key findings from its annual Middle East Media Market Monitor. The report estimates that at the end of 2013, 4.35 million households in the MENA region subscribed to at least one Pay TV service.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware