Digital TV News: Constantinos Papavassilopoulos
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
MENA pay TV households up 10% in 2015
May 22, 2016 – 2015 was the year of growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa region. According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the number of pay TV households jumped 10 percent in 2015 to 4.95 million.
News categories: IHS, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Subscribers
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Middle East presents huge growth opportunities for Pay TV industry
Apr 8, 2014 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced key findings from its annual Middle East Media Market Monitor. The report estimates that at the end of 2013, 4.35 million households in the MENA region subscribed to at least one Pay TV service.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service