Digital TV News: Consumer Electronics Association
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
CEA releases report on Ultra HD
Aug 7, 2013 – The CEA has announced the release of a new report. The analysis provides a snapshot of the emerging Ultra HD market, with overviews of key industry segments including content development, production, and delivery, as well as overall product status.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Resurgence in U.S. auto, audio and TV CE segments expected for 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – Mobile connected devices continue to drive U.S. consumer electronics (CE) industry sales, according to a CEA report. The report also finds positive growth in segments within automotive technology, audio products and TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
CEA announces publication of new DTV Interface standard
Jul 15, 2013 – The CEA has announced publication of CEA-861-F, A DTV Profile for Uncompressed High-Speed Digital Interfaces. This standard applies to DTV-related high-speed digital physical interfaces, such as: HDMI, DVI 1.0, and Open LDI specifications.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement Expected to Save U.S. Consumers $1.5 Billion Annually
Dec 6, 2012 – Fifteen U.S. multichannel video providers and device manufacturers are launching a Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement that will result in annual residential electricity savings of $1.5 billion or more as the commitment is fully realized.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Consumer Electronics Industry Announces Ultra High-Definition
Oct 18, 2012 – The next generation of so-called '4K' high-definition display technology for the home will be called 'Ultra High-Definition' or 'Ultra HD,' connoting its superiority over conventional HDTV, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2021, Smart TV, USA
Verimatrix Selects Arxan Content Protection to Secure Streaming Content across Desktop and Mobile Platforms
Sep 10, 2012 – Arxan® Technologies has announced that Verimatrix has selected Arxan's GuardIT and EnsureIT code hardening products for desktop and mobile/embedded environments to deliver tamper-resistance and self-protection for its ViewRight® Web client.
News categories: Arxan, Verimatrix, Apps, Content Protection, IBCShowcase
CEA Announces Five New Standards, Including Accessibility, 3D Video
Jul 9, 2012 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has announced five new standards, ranging in topic from accessibility to 3D video to wireless charging, which are now available to guide designers as they develop products for consumers.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Techstreet, Digital TV, USA, VR
CEA forms '4K' Working Group
Jun 7, 2012 – The CEA has announced the formation of a '4K' Working Group, a forum for manufacturers, retailers and content providers to define 4K technology, discuss 4K content options, and educate consumers about the newest era in HDTV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K