Digital TV News: Consumer Electronics Association
RVU Alliance™ Remote User Interface Now Included in DLNA® Interoperability Guidelines
Mar 19, 2012 – The Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA®) and the RVU Alliance™ have announced that the RVU Alliance Remote User Interface (RUI) has been incorporated into the DLNA Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Smart Home
CEA Launches Working Group to Unite Content and CE
Feb 15, 2012 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has announced the formation of the Device, Apps and Content working group (DAC). The group will create a forum for collaboration to increase and enhance consumer availability of content and apps on CE devices.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Apps
eyeSight Presents Gesture Recognition and Hand-Tracking Technology Tailored to Set-Top-Boxes
Jan 6, 2012 – eyeSight Mobile Technologies has released a Gesture Recognition software-based solution designed particularly for the Set-Top-Box (STB) market. The solution will be presented at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Association (CES) show.
News categories: eyeSight Mobile, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Consumer Electronics Account for 13% of U.S. Residential Energy Consumption
Dec 21, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association has released a study showing that despite their popularity in American homes, consumer electronic devices account for a relatively small share - roughly 13% - of the average U.S. home's electricity consumption.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
CEA to Host First-Ever TV Apps Developer University
Sep 13, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association will host its first-ever TV Apps Developer University event on September 29, 2011. The event will help developers learn to build TV apps for the more than eight million app-enabled sets that will ship in 2011.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Apps, OTT, Smart TV, USA
CEA Announces Standards Work to Enhance Viewing Experience on Next-Generation TVs
Aug 30, 2011 – To support development of the next-generation of widescreen digital television, the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today launched new standards activity to support wider, 21:9 aspect ratio television screens.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Cable TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
SmarDTV MicroSD Card With Nagra Security Complies With New CEA Standard
Apr 11, 2011 – Nagra (SIX.KUD.S) in collaboration with its sister company SmarDTV, has announced that the SmarDTV microSD removable security card embedding the latest Nagra security system is now compliant with the newly introduced CEA-2040 standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Nagra, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Tablet, USA
CEA Begins Standards Process for 3D Glasses
Mar 8, 2011 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has announced the launch of a new standards process for 3D glasses. CEA seeks proposals for standardizing 3D active eyewear that uses an infrared (IR) synchronized interface from CE manufacturers.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES2021, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
- Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
- VIZIO taps Nielsen to measure advanced TV campaigns
- U.S. vMVPD subscribers rise in Q3 as traditional multichannel decline slows
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR to deliver strong growth through 2024