Digital TV News: Corbina
Corbina Telecom Partners With Microsoft to Deliver Connected TV on the Microsoft Mediaroom Platform
May 29, 2008 – VimpelCom (NYSE:VIP) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will deliver new connected TV experiences to consumers in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) through Corbina TV, powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV software platform.
News categories: Microsoft, VimpelCom, Corbina, Steve Ballmer, Jean-Pierre Vandromme, Dmitry Malov, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia
Towards Digital Television in the Federation of Russia
Mar 27, 2008 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on the development of digital television in Russia. The report analyses the current situation and perspectives on the various platforms (satellite, cable, terrestrial, mobile and ADSL).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Groteck, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Golden Telecom reports a 53% year-on-year increase in revenues and 207% increase in net income
Nov 8, 2007 – Golden Telecom launched IPTV service in trial mode using the infrastructure of Corbina. The IPTV technology is based on a Microsoft platform and allows greater flexibility and interactivity enabling Video-on-Demand ("VoD"), Pay-per-View and other value added services.
News categories: Golden Telecom, Earnings Release, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Results, Russia, Smart Home, Subscribers
Golden Telecom raises its full year 2007 forecast
Aug 9, 2007 – "Corbina Telecom launched IPTV services which bring additional media distribution capabilities to Golden Telecom and with it the opportunity for fast growth in this target market. In June, we began testing Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial (DVB-T) equipment in Moscow. We plan to make digital TV available to all of Moscow households."
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS