Digital TV News: Corbina
Corbina Telecom Partners With Microsoft to Deliver Connected TV on the Microsoft Mediaroom Platform
May 29, 2008 – VimpelCom (NYSE:VIP) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will deliver new connected TV experiences to consumers in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) through Corbina TV, powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV software platform.
News categories: Microsoft, VimpelCom, Corbina, Steve Ballmer, Jean-Pierre Vandromme, Dmitry Malov, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia
Towards Digital Television in the Federation of Russia
Mar 27, 2008 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on the development of digital television in Russia. The report analyses the current situation and perspectives on the various platforms (satellite, cable, terrestrial, mobile and ADSL).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Groteck, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Golden Telecom reports a 53% year-on-year increase in revenues and 207% increase in net income
Nov 8, 2007 – Golden Telecom launched IPTV service in trial mode using the infrastructure of Corbina. The IPTV technology is based on a Microsoft platform and allows greater flexibility and interactivity enabling Video-on-Demand ("VoD"), Pay-per-View and other value added services.
News categories: Golden Telecom, Earnings Release, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Results, Russia, Smart Home, Subscribers
Golden Telecom raises its full year 2007 forecast
Aug 9, 2007 – "Corbina Telecom launched IPTV services which bring additional media distribution capabilities to Golden Telecom and with it the opportunity for fast growth in this target market. In June, we began testing Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial (DVB-T) equipment in Moscow. We plan to make digital TV available to all of Moscow households."
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers
- NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
- Netflix, Hulu user numbers fell as COVID-19 measures were relaxed