Digital TV News: Corbina
Corbina Telecom Partners With Microsoft to Deliver Connected TV on the Microsoft Mediaroom Platform
May 29, 2008 – VimpelCom (NYSE:VIP) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) will deliver new connected TV experiences to consumers in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) through Corbina TV, powered by the Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV software platform.
News categories: Microsoft, VimpelCom, Corbina, Steve Ballmer, Jean-Pierre Vandromme, Dmitry Malov, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Russia
Towards Digital Television in the Federation of Russia
Mar 27, 2008 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on the development of digital television in Russia. The report analyses the current situation and perspectives on the various platforms (satellite, cable, terrestrial, mobile and ADSL).
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Groteck, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Golden Telecom reports a 53% year-on-year increase in revenues and 207% increase in net income
Nov 8, 2007 – Golden Telecom launched IPTV service in trial mode using the infrastructure of Corbina. The IPTV technology is based on a Microsoft platform and allows greater flexibility and interactivity enabling Video-on-Demand ("VoD"), Pay-per-View and other value added services.
News categories: Golden Telecom, Earnings Release, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Results, Russia, Smart Home, Subscribers
Golden Telecom raises its full year 2007 forecast
Aug 9, 2007 – "Corbina Telecom launched IPTV services which bring additional media distribution capabilities to Golden Telecom and with it the opportunity for fast growth in this target market. In June, we began testing Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestrial (DVB-T) equipment in Moscow. We plan to make digital TV available to all of Moscow households."
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019