Digital TV News: Cox Communications
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Americans love streaming TV but can't give up 'destination television'
Sep 28, 2017 – Pay-TV subscribers in the United States are growing increasingly satisfied with over-the-top streaming TV services vs. traditional cable TV, but they also are spending nearly an hour more a week watching regularly scheduled television programming than they did two years ago.
News categories: J.D. Power, Peter Cunningham, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Comcast announces blockchain-based advertising platform
Jun 20, 2017 – Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group, a division of Comcast Cable that combines the capabilities of Strata, FreeWheel, and Visible World, has announced the 'Blockchain Insights Platform' - aimed at improving the efficiency of premium video advertising.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
19% of U.S. OTT video subscribers cancelled in the past 12 months
Feb 1, 2017 – Parks Associates has announced that the churn rate for OTT video services is 19% of U.S. broadband households, indicating roughly one in five households have cancelled an OTT service in the past 12 months.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Glenn Hower, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Cisco makes available Full Duplex DOCSIS reference design
Aug 9, 2016 – To further industry advancement with Full Duplex DOCSIS technology, Cisco has unveiled a silicon reference design that it is contributing to the cable industry at large, which will enable fiber optic capacity over coaxial cable.
News categories: Cisco Systems, John Chapman, Jeff Finkelstein, Dr. Robert Howald, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
More than 15 million devices now running RDK
May 16, 2016 – At the 2016 INTX, RDK Management provided an update about the continued global adoption of the RDK software solution, a pre-integrated software bundle that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment for TV and Internet service providers.
News categories: RDK Management, Liberty Global, Intel, Steve Heeb, Bill Warga, Keith Wehmeyer, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2020, Market Research, RDK, USA
Cox Communications launches Contour service in San Diego
Nov 11, 2015 – After the completion of customer and employee trials, Cox Communications has announced the launch of the latest version of Contour to its customers in San Diego. Contour is Cox's premier video product and uses the X1 platform from Comcast.
News categories: Cox Communications, Steve Necessary, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers