Digital TV News: Cyfrowy Polsat
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat scales up at Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD position
Sep 6, 2017 – Cyfrowy Polsat has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) for the lease of multiple transponders. The agreement covers the extension of existing capacity and expansion at the HOTBIRD video position.
News categories: Eutelsat, Cyfrowy Polsat, Michel Azibert, Dariusz Działkowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
Growth for most of Eastern Europe’s top pay TV operators
Sep 15, 2016 – Given the poor economic prospects of most countries in the region and pay TV market slowdown, Digital TV Research notes that 44 of Eastern Europe’s top 64 operators will still increase their subscriber bases between 2015 and 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Cyfrowy Polsat releases EVOBOX PVR set-top box
Jan 15, 2016 – Cyfrowy Polsat has announced that in January 2016 a new satellite set-to-box with recording functionality will be added to its offer. The EVOBOX PVR is the latest and the most advanced device created in Cyfrowy Polsat's factory in Mielec.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, DVR, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat to offer services via ADB's cloud TV platform
Sep 2, 2015 – ADB and Cyfrowy Polsat have announced a collaboration to deliver TV services built on ADB’s ConnectedOS cloud platform using STBs produced by Cyfrowy Polsat. Cyfrowy Polsat will integrate ADB's Connected Solutions and Personal TV software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cyfrowy Polsat, Peter Balchin, Dariusz Dzialkowski, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
Cyfrowy Polsat launches updated satellite set-top box
Oct 13, 2014 – Cyfrowy Polsat has announced the availability of its new HD 5500 satellite set-top box. The new model is manufactured in Polsat's own factory which has already produced more than 6 million set-top boxes.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos