Digital TV News: DIRECTV Latin America
AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
May 19, 2020 – AT&T has closed its DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela. The U.S. government’s sanctions have prohibited the broadcast of Globovision and PDVSA's channels which are required under DIRECTV’s license to provide pay TV in Venezuela.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, Satellite, Venezuela
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Friend MTS to protect DIRECTV Latin America's streamed sports channels
Aug 2, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that DIRECTV Latin America has selected the company to provide protection against streaming piracy for its sports channels. As part of the agreement, Friend MTS has implemented tracking and monitoring to identify illegal retransmission and streaming activities.
News categories: Friend MTS, DIRECTV Latin America, Paul Hastings, Maria Marino, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – According to Dataxis, there were 71.4 million pay TV subscribers in Latin America at end-Q1 2018, a drop of around 0.1% compared to the end of 2017. Venezuela, Brazil and Mexico were the markets recording the highest subscriber losses.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
AT&T US up 125k; DTVLA down 15k video subs in 1Q 2018
Apr 25, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the first quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 125,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscribers more than offset linear video declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, first-quarter subscribers were down 15,000.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
AT&T US up 161k; DTVLA up 139k video subs in 4Q 2017
Jan 31, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2017. Total US video subscribers grew by 161,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscribers more than offset traditional video declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, fourth-quarter subscriber net adds were 139,000.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T US down 89k; DTVLA down 132k video subs in 3Q 2017
Oct 24, 2017 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2017. US video subscribers were down 89,000 in the quarter with DIRECTV NOW helping to offset traditional video declines. In Latin America third-quarter subscriber net losses were 132,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T down 199k; DTVLA down 56k video subs in 2Q 2017
Jul 25, 2017 – AT∓T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 199,000 in the quarter. In Latin America, net losses were 56,000 with losses in Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela offsetting gains in other countries.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV