Digital TV News: DIRECTV Latin America
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Friend MTS to protect DIRECTV Latin America's streamed sports channels
Aug 2, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that DIRECTV Latin America has selected the company to provide protection against streaming piracy for its sports channels. As part of the agreement, Friend MTS has implemented tracking and monitoring to identify illegal retransmission and streaming activities.
News categories: Friend MTS, DIRECTV Latin America, Paul Hastings, Maria Marino, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – According to Dataxis, there were 71.4 million pay TV subscribers in Latin America at end-Q1 2018, a drop of around 0.1% compared to the end of 2017. Venezuela, Brazil and Mexico were the markets recording the highest subscriber losses.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
AT&T US up 125k; DTVLA down 15k video subs in 1Q 2018
Apr 25, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the first quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 125,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscribers more than offset linear video declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, first-quarter subscribers were down 15,000.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
AT&T US up 161k; DTVLA up 139k video subs in 4Q 2017
Jan 31, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2017. Total US video subscribers grew by 161,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscribers more than offset traditional video declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, fourth-quarter subscriber net adds were 139,000.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T US down 89k; DTVLA down 132k video subs in 3Q 2017
Oct 24, 2017 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2017. US video subscribers were down 89,000 in the quarter with DIRECTV NOW helping to offset traditional video declines. In Latin America third-quarter subscriber net losses were 132,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T down 199k; DTVLA down 56k video subs in 2Q 2017
Jul 25, 2017 – AT∓T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 199,000 in the quarter. In Latin America, net losses were 56,000 with losses in Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela offsetting gains in other countries.
News categories: AT&T, Brazil, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
Apr 25, 2017 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced results for the first quarter of 2017. Total U.S. linear video subscribers were down 233,000 in the quarter. DIRECTV Latin America first-quarter subscriber net adds were 91,000.
News categories: AT&T, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier