Digital TV News: DISH Network
DISH to build Google Assistant into Hopper DVR
Jan 8, 2019 – DISH has announced that it's building the Google Assistant into its Hopper family of receivers. Customers will be able to use the DISH voice remote to ask the Assistant to control smart home devices, provide weather and news updates, display photos and more.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Smart Home, USA
DISH TV down 367k; Sling TV up 26k subs in 3Q 2018
Nov 7, 2018 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2018. The company closed the quarter with 10.286 million DISH TV subscribers and 2.370 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
FuboTV provides business update
Oct 15, 2018 – fuboTV has revealed key performance metrics heading into the fourth quarter. This includes exceeding an annual run rate (ARR) of $100 million in September 2018, as well as surpassing company records for ARPU, paid subscribers and time spent per subscriber.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
U.S. cord cutting slows while satellite suffers record customer losses in Q2 2018
Aug 16, 2018 – According to Kagan, the pressure on traditional U.S. multichannel subscriptions abated in the second quarter – a positive direction that is further supported by the forwarded momentum of virtual services Sling TV and DIRECTV NOW.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DISH TV down 192k; Sling TV up 41k subs in 2Q 2018
Aug 3, 2018 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending June 30, 2018. Net Pay-TV subscribers declined approximately 151,000 subscribers, compared to a decline of approximately 196,000 in the second quarter 2017.
News categories: DISH Network, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DISH delivers Hands-Free TV with the Google Assistant
Jul 9, 2018 – DISH has debuted its new integration with the Google Assistant for a Hands-Free TV entertainment experience. DISH customers with a Hopper, Hopper Duo, Joey or Wally can control their TV using just their voice when paired with an Assistant device, like Google Home, Android phones or iPhones.
News categories: DISH Network, Google Assistant, Niraj Desai, Michele Turner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
DISH adds more Amazon Alexa controls for Hopper
Jun 12, 2018 – DISH (NASDAQ:DISH) has introduced new Amazon Alexa voice capabilities that give customers the ability to set recordings, launch apps and navigate menus on Hopper family set-top boxes. The update builds on DISH's existing Alexa voice functions.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Worldwide pay TV market to reach US$295 million revenue in 2022
Jun 5, 2018 – Despite the competition from OTT video services, the worldwide pay TV market has been growing at a steady pace. According to ABI Research, the global pay TV market is expected to generate US$295 million in 2022.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA, UX
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8