Digital TV News: DNA Oy
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Terrestrial
Finland's DNA launches on-demand television with SeaChange
Mar 12, 2014 – Finland's DNA has launched an on-demand TV service on SeaChange's (Nasdaq:SEAC) Adrenalin multi-screen TV software platform. DNA Welho Entertainment allows people to view their favorite television shows independent of time and place.
News categories: SeaChange, DNA Oy, Mikko Saarentaus, Andrei Noppe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Finland's DNA begins multiscreen pilot with Conax and partners
Sep 5, 2012 – Conax has announced that Finnish Cable and Terrestrial operator, DNA, has entered a multiscreen pilot with partners Conax, Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio. The pilot will include end-user testing with various multiscreen services and devices.
News categories: Conax, DNA Oy, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
One viewing card must cover all DTT pay-TV services in Finland
May 8, 2012 – The Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA) has ruled that by October 1, 2012 all terrestrial pay-TV services provided to consumers in the country must be accessible via a single viewing card.
News categories: FICORA, CAM, Content Protection, Finland, Terrestrial
DNA awarded VHF-C DTT multiplex in Finland
Mar 31, 2011 – Finland's Government has granted DNA a network operating license covering almost the entire country in multiplex VHF C in the terrestrial network. The licence will be valid until 31 December 2016.
News categories: DNA Oy, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Finland, Satellite, Terrestrial
Finnish viewers to get terrestrial HDTV
Sep 13, 2010 – By signing a new agreement with Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC), Finland's DNA will make HDTV available for 60 percent of all Finnish digital terrestrial TV households by 2011.
News categories: DNA Oy, Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 Forges Ahead
Sep 10, 2010 – DVB has said that it is pleased with the momentum achieved by its second-generation digital terrestrial standard, DVB-T2, since its first commercial launch earlier this year in the UK.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-T2, IBC2020, Terrestrial
DNA in Finland selects ENENSYS for their DVB-T2 trial
Jan 11, 2010 – DNA Oy, Finland's second largest pay television operator, has successfully launched DVB-T2 HDTV test broadcasts in Lahti. The project has reached the test transmission phase thanks to a ENENSYS DVB-T2 modulator and T2 Gateway.
News categories: ENENSYS, DNA Oy, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Finland
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices