Digital TV News: DNA Oy
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Terrestrial
Finland's DNA launches on-demand television with SeaChange
Mar 12, 2014 – Finland's DNA has launched an on-demand TV service on SeaChange's (Nasdaq:SEAC) Adrenalin multi-screen TV software platform. DNA Welho Entertainment allows people to view their favorite television shows independent of time and place.
News categories: SeaChange, DNA Oy, Mikko Saarentaus, Andrei Noppe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Finland's DNA begins multiscreen pilot with Conax and partners
Sep 5, 2012 – Conax has announced that Finnish Cable and Terrestrial operator, DNA, has entered a multiscreen pilot with partners Conax, Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio. The pilot will include end-user testing with various multiscreen services and devices.
News categories: Conax, DNA Oy, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
One viewing card must cover all DTT pay-TV services in Finland
May 8, 2012 – The Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA) has ruled that by October 1, 2012 all terrestrial pay-TV services provided to consumers in the country must be accessible via a single viewing card.
News categories: FICORA, CAM, Content Protection, Finland, Terrestrial
DNA awarded VHF-C DTT multiplex in Finland
Mar 31, 2011 – Finland's Government has granted DNA a network operating license covering almost the entire country in multiplex VHF C in the terrestrial network. The licence will be valid until 31 December 2016.
News categories: DNA Oy, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Finland, Satellite, Terrestrial
Finnish viewers to get terrestrial HDTV
Sep 13, 2010 – By signing a new agreement with Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC), Finland's DNA will make HDTV available for 60 percent of all Finnish digital terrestrial TV households by 2011.
News categories: DNA Oy, Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 Forges Ahead
Sep 10, 2010 – DVB has said that it is pleased with the momentum achieved by its second-generation digital terrestrial standard, DVB-T2, since its first commercial launch earlier this year in the UK.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Terrestrial
DNA in Finland selects ENENSYS for their DVB-T2 trial
Jan 11, 2010 – DNA Oy, Finland's second largest pay television operator, has successfully launched DVB-T2 HDTV test broadcasts in Lahti. The project has reached the test transmission phase thanks to a ENENSYS DVB-T2 modulator and T2 Gateway.
News categories: ENENSYS, DNA Oy, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Finland
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA