Digital TV News: DNA Oy
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Terrestrial
Finland's DNA launches on-demand television with SeaChange
Mar 12, 2014 – Finland's DNA has launched an on-demand TV service on SeaChange's (Nasdaq:SEAC) Adrenalin multi-screen TV software platform. DNA Welho Entertainment allows people to view their favorite television shows independent of time and place.
News categories: SeaChange, DNA Oy, Mikko Saarentaus, Andrei Noppe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Finland's DNA begins multiscreen pilot with Conax and partners
Sep 5, 2012 – Conax has announced that Finnish Cable and Terrestrial operator, DNA, has entered a multiscreen pilot with partners Conax, Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio. The pilot will include end-user testing with various multiscreen services and devices.
News categories: Conax, DNA Oy, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
One viewing card must cover all DTT pay-TV services in Finland
May 8, 2012 – The Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA) has ruled that by October 1, 2012 all terrestrial pay-TV services provided to consumers in the country must be accessible via a single viewing card.
News categories: FICORA, CAM, Content Protection, Finland, Terrestrial
DNA awarded VHF-C DTT multiplex in Finland
Mar 31, 2011 – Finland's Government has granted DNA a network operating license covering almost the entire country in multiplex VHF C in the terrestrial network. The licence will be valid until 31 December 2016.
News categories: DNA Oy, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Finland, Satellite, Terrestrial
Finnish viewers to get terrestrial HDTV
Sep 13, 2010 – By signing a new agreement with Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC), Finland's DNA will make HDTV available for 60 percent of all Finnish digital terrestrial TV households by 2011.
News categories: DNA Oy, Ericsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 Forges Ahead
Sep 10, 2010 – DVB has said that it is pleased with the momentum achieved by its second-generation digital terrestrial standard, DVB-T2, since its first commercial launch earlier this year in the UK.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Terrestrial
DNA in Finland selects ENENSYS for their DVB-T2 trial
Jan 11, 2010 – DNA Oy, Finland's second largest pay television operator, has successfully launched DVB-T2 HDTV test broadcasts in Lahti. The project has reached the test transmission phase thanks to a ENENSYS DVB-T2 modulator and T2 Gateway.
News categories: ENENSYS, DNA Oy, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Finland
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019