Digital TV News: DPP
The DPP reveals the greatest risks to a full IP future
Jun 6, 2019 – The DPP has released a report which looks at the challenges posed by the transition to full IP distribution of content to consumers. The report outlines the challenges that a group of experts believe could constrain the delivery of IP-based content distribution.
News categories: The DPP, Mark Harrison, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
Ooyala teams with DPP on metadata for news production
Feb 5, 2019 – Ooyala has announced that it will work with the DPP on its efforts to advance global news-industry standards for metadata. The DPP’s initiative is designed to help establish standards for application in every step of delivering news content.
News categories: Ooyala, DPP, Bea Alonso, Mark Harrison, Big Data, UK, Worldwide
UK's DPP releases standard for the delivery of UHD programmes
Jan 27, 2016 – The Digital Production Partnership (DPP) has announced a technical standard for the delivery of Ultra High Definition (UHD) programmes. The new standard will be adopted by all major UK broadcasters when they move to UHD programming.
News categories: DPP, Sony Professional, Mark Harrison, Morgan David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Malawi looking for help to develop Digital TV Migration Technical Plan
Apr 12, 2011 – Malawi has issued an RFP regarding the design of an appropriate DTT network and structures, including options and recommendations for DVB-T2, for the migration from analogue to digital television broadcasting in the country.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malawi, Terrestrial
IEEE Proposes Consumer-Ownable Digital Personal Property
Jun 4, 2010 – The Working Group developing IEEE P1817TM is currently being formed. P1817TM is a standard for the creation, distribution, and perpetual consumer-ownership of downloadable items of copyrighted works such as movies, music, books, and games.
News categories: IEEE, DRM, OTT
Entropic working with Echostar on Band Translation Switch
Jul 22, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the company is working with EchoStar (Nasdaq:SATS) to develop additional outdoor units leveraging Entropic's Band Translation Switch (BTS) technology.
News categories: Entropic Communications, EchoStar, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry