Digital TV News: DPP
The DPP reveals the greatest risks to a full IP future
Jun 6, 2019 – The DPP has released a report which looks at the challenges posed by the transition to full IP distribution of content to consumers. The report outlines the challenges that a group of experts believe could constrain the delivery of IP-based content distribution.
News categories: The DPP, Mark Harrison, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
Ooyala teams with DPP on metadata for news production
Feb 5, 2019 – Ooyala has announced that it will work with the DPP on its efforts to advance global news-industry standards for metadata. The DPP’s initiative is designed to help establish standards for application in every step of delivering news content.
News categories: Ooyala, DPP, Bea Alonso, Mark Harrison, Big Data, UK, Worldwide
UK's DPP releases standard for the delivery of UHD programmes
Jan 27, 2016 – The Digital Production Partnership (DPP) has announced a technical standard for the delivery of Ultra High Definition (UHD) programmes. The new standard will be adopted by all major UK broadcasters when they move to UHD programming.
News categories: DPP, Sony Professional, Mark Harrison, Morgan David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Malawi looking for help to develop Digital TV Migration Technical Plan
Apr 12, 2011 – Malawi has issued an RFP regarding the design of an appropriate DTT network and structures, including options and recommendations for DVB-T2, for the migration from analogue to digital television broadcasting in the country.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malawi, Terrestrial
IEEE Proposes Consumer-Ownable Digital Personal Property
Jun 4, 2010 – The Working Group developing IEEE P1817TM is currently being formed. P1817TM is a standard for the creation, distribution, and perpetual consumer-ownership of downloadable items of copyrighted works such as movies, music, books, and games.
News categories: IEEE, DRM, OTT
Entropic working with Echostar on Band Translation Switch
Jul 22, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the company is working with EchoStar (Nasdaq:SATS) to develop additional outdoor units leveraging Entropic's Band Translation Switch (BTS) technology.
News categories: Entropic Communications, EchoStar, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020