Digital TV News: DPP
The DPP reveals the greatest risks to a full IP future
Jun 6, 2019 – The DPP has released a report which looks at the challenges posed by the transition to full IP distribution of content to consumers. The report outlines the challenges that a group of experts believe could constrain the delivery of IP-based content distribution.
News categories: The DPP, Mark Harrison, Ian Munford, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, Worldwide
Ooyala teams with DPP on metadata for news production
Feb 5, 2019 – Ooyala has announced that it will work with the DPP on its efforts to advance global news-industry standards for metadata. The DPP’s initiative is designed to help establish standards for application in every step of delivering news content.
News categories: Ooyala, DPP, Bea Alonso, Mark Harrison, Big Data, UK, Worldwide
UK's DPP releases standard for the delivery of UHD programmes
Jan 27, 2016 – The Digital Production Partnership (DPP) has announced a technical standard for the delivery of Ultra High Definition (UHD) programmes. The new standard will be adopted by all major UK broadcasters when they move to UHD programming.
News categories: DPP, Sony Professional, Mark Harrison, Morgan David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Malawi looking for help to develop Digital TV Migration Technical Plan
Apr 12, 2011 – Malawi has issued an RFP regarding the design of an appropriate DTT network and structures, including options and recommendations for DVB-T2, for the migration from analogue to digital television broadcasting in the country.
News categories: Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malawi, Terrestrial
IEEE Proposes Consumer-Ownable Digital Personal Property
Jun 4, 2010 – The Working Group developing IEEE P1817TM is currently being formed. P1817TM is a standard for the creation, distribution, and perpetual consumer-ownership of downloadable items of copyrighted works such as movies, music, books, and games.
News categories: IEEE, DRM, OTT
Entropic working with Echostar on Band Translation Switch
Jul 22, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the company is working with EchoStar (Nasdaq:SATS) to develop additional outdoor units leveraging Entropic's Band Translation Switch (BTS) technology.
News categories: Entropic Communications, EchoStar, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
- ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
- Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
- EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
- XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products
- Eutelsat selected by Orby TV for new U.S. DTH satellite service
- Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
- Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
- Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
- iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand