Digital TV News: DTG
DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12
Nov 1, 2019 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book. Requirements that are no longer necessary have been removed from D-Book 12 to respond to the continual evolution of the DTT platform in the UK.
News categories: DTG, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG defines latest UK TV industry requirements with D-Book 11
Oct 31, 2018 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book, its technical standard for TV and DTT in the UK. The D-Book is updated annually with the collaboration of industry, underpinning Freeview, YouView, Freesat, EE TV, BT TV and TalkTalk TV.
News categories: DTG, Freeview, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG releases D-Book 10 Conformance Test Suites
Jun 29, 2018 – D-Book 10 conformance Test Suites are now available. The first addition to the Test Suites is Linear Services tests for testing HEVC at HD and UHD resolution. A second addition is Option 12 signalling included in the UK SI DVB-T2 test suite.
News categories: DTG Testing, Ian Medland, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG releases D-Book 10 DTT specification for the UK
Nov 3, 2017 – The DTG’s D-Book 10 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the continuing transition towards HbbTV.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Peter Seller, Dr. Klaus Illgner, Laurie Patten, Guy North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
UK D-Book 9 Conformance Test Suites now available
Jul 28, 2017 – D-Book 9 Conformance Test Suites are now available to assist with the transition from MHEG to HbbTV, which was introduced for UK DTT in the DTG’s D-Book 9 published in November 2016. The Test Suites are used as part of the Conformance Regime for Freeview HD and Freeview Play TMLs.
News categories: DTG Testing, Freeview, Ian Medland, Mike Jones, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Terrestrial, UK
Opera TV to show latest HbbTV 2.0.1 features with the BBC
Mar 28, 2017 – Opera TV has announced that the Opera TV Hybrid TV Module, which previously included support for HbbTV 2.0.1, now also features Companion Screen and Media-Synchronization capabilities. Opera TV has collaborated with BBC R&D to show the features at TV Connect.
News categories: Opera TV, BBC, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Mobile, Set Top Box, UK, Video Exchange
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Freeview UK embarks on an all HD future
Dec 22, 2016 – High definition TV will become the norm in the UK from 1st January 2017 as the Freeview logo is withdrawn from new SD TVs and set-top boxes. Freeview is the UK’s most widely used TV service, currently watched in 19m homes.
News categories: Freeview, DTG, Guy North, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV