Digital TV News: DTV Service
Comcast cable video subscribers down 121,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 25, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. In the quarter, total cable video customer net losses were 121,000. At Sky, customer relationships increased by 112,000.
News categories: Comcast, Sky, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
GatesAir wins Ivory Coast DTT transition contract
Feb 26, 2019 – GatesAir continues its long-standing business relationship with the Republic of Ivory Coast through a turnkey equipment and services contract to support the African country’s national digital TV (DTV) network.
News categories: GatesAir, Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion, Bruce D. Swail, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Comcast video subscribers down 106,000 in 3Q 2018
Oct 25, 2018 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. For the period, total high-speed internet customer net additions were 363,000, total video customer net losses were 106,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Comcast video subscribers down 140,000 in 2Q 2018
Jul 26, 2018 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2018. For the period, total high-speed Internet customer net additions were 260,000, total video customer net losses were 140,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Techtel installs new DVB-T2 transmitter in Papua New Guinea
Jul 10, 2018 – Techtel has commissioned a transmitter system for digital terrestrial TV in Papua New Guinea for a local service provider, enabling the delivery of more than 30 additional services in Port Moresby via two newly added transport streams.
News categories: Techtel, Egatel, Mal Chandler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Melanesia, Terrestrial
Comcast video subscribers down 96,000 in 1Q 2018
Apr 26, 2018 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2018. For the period, total high-speed internet customer net additions were 379,000 and total video customer net losses were 96,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Convergence TV shows first SHVC-based HD/UHD hybrid delivery at NAB 2018
Apr 4, 2018 – At NAB, the Convergence TV project will show the delivery of a full UHDTV service using ATSC 3.0 broadcast to distribute a regular HD service and ATSC 3.0 broadband to enhance the service from HD to UHDTV. Thanks to the use of scalable HEVC (SHVC) for compression, no simulcasting will be needed.
News categories: Convergence TV Project, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier